PDA

View Full Version : Shelby charger interior color?/VIN issue,?

WickedShelby88
05-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I just got a blue/silver shelby charger and I assume the interior was blue as well. I'm just curious what parts were blue and what might have been gray. Was the entire dash blue on these and how hard is this color to find. The car didn't come with an interior so I'm just trying to find out what I'm up against as far as restoring the car. Also I don't think the vin tag came with the car because the dash and everything is gone. Is this something you can order from the dealership with the proper authority and documentation? I'm just curious because what do you do if the tag happened to somehow be destroyed in a crash or something of that nature. I have the under the hood and door tags along with the title which is clean. Do I have to have a VIN tag on the dash?

Thanks, Joseph

DC Turismo
05-07-2007, 09:17 AM
I have pics. of my interior here (Go to the Turismo tab and click on additional pictures:

http://www.teamshelby.cjb/net

It is a complete '85-'86 blue/gray Shelby Charger interior. I can take up close pics. if you'd like.

I still have those front two buckets for sale if you need 'em :eyebrows:

Skibbe
05-07-2007, 09:33 AM
I have the VIN plate you're missing. It's still attached to the blue dash I have from that car. Found it while I was cleaning up the garage this weekend. The VIN is yours, if you want the blue dash with it, make me an offer on it.

I've been collecting Blue SC interior parts whenever I can get my hands on them. They are really hard to find, as Billy can attest too. They are almost impossible to find in perfect condition.

If you really want a stock interior for that car, I could be talked out of about 90% of a complete set. I have two front seats in about the same condition as the ones in Billy's photos (CS logos wearing off, but otherwise good). Rear seat and seat back. Blue dash pad. Blue door panels. Rear sail panels (gray on all SC's). And Blue carpeted rear tire well covers. I think then you'd just be missing the blue console parts and armrest assembly.

$200 would be about as low as I could go on the parts listed above. It would give you a full interior, but you'll have almost as much money in the interior as the rest of the car at that point. Let me know if you're interested.