PDA

View Full Version : SRT4 quaife...

The S is Silent
01-29-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm looking for a LSD to put in my hybrid a555, and was wondering about the Quaife from a SRT4. I know it's a different style diff, but I've heard of it fitting with a spacer for the ring gear and longer bolts.

Does anybody have a link to a site with the specs for the spacer? Does anybody know anything about this? There is one on ebay for cheap...I'm thinking about getting it.

TurboGLH
01-29-2006, 12:27 PM
The quaife people are talking about is the neon t-350 quaife, not the one for the t-850 in the srt-4. The regular neon quaife will bolt right into a 520/523 or a hybrid trans. It can also be used in a 404/413/670 with the use of a spacer. What you need to buy for your hybrid 555 is the regular neon diff, or the obx "copy" of the neon quaife.

The S is Silent
01-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I know there is a difference between them. I thought I read somewhere that the neon guys were putting the SRT diff into the 420a trans with a small amount of fab work.

If I can't do it, I'll spend the $$ for a new OBX or a used quaife.

Frank
01-29-2006, 02:42 PM
I heard it also, but never saw any good proof.

Frank

TurboGLH
01-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I know there is a difference between them. I thought I read somewhere that the neon guys were putting the SRT diff into the 420a trans with a small amount of fab work.

By process of elimination I think you could rule that out. We know the t-350 in a regular neon shares the same diff design as the 520/523. We also know that the srt diff shares non of the key dimensions with the 520/523, bearing size, bearing location, axle size are all different. That would seem to make the use of a srt quaife in a t350 unlikely.

Even if you could, most of the used srt quaifes I've seen have been $800+ since the you can't buy them direct from quaife and have to go through chrysler instead. Thats not much of a savings, and then you still have to work to get it in.

Frank
01-30-2006, 09:34 AM
In addition to that Chris, the car is discontinued. I dont expect them to stock up on these diffs because they are quaifes.

Frank

Cliff Ramsdell
01-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I have had both Quaifes here T850 and the T350 and the SRT4 Quaife has larger axle shaft splines, larger bearings, a wider spacing for the bearings.

So, in a word, no it won't fit into out transmissions and even if you could/would get it in there you still need to have a set of custom axles made since the passenger side axle on our stuff has the long snout and would need a larger spline and diameter so this would also require a custom right side bearing retainer.

The S is Silent
01-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks Cliff.