PDA

View Full Version : need I/C ideas for SC a/t w/ac

MoparN75
01-29-2006, 10:07 AM
The stock I/C doesn't look like it's going to work. Inlet portion of I/C touches tranny. Would be nice to find one that would fit in the stock location but had both inlet and outlet at the top. Saw a pic of a Probe unit, looks like it would work but I don't know the dimensions of it. This is the wifes daily driver so deleting a/c is not an option. Any ideas?

GLHSKEN
01-29-2006, 10:14 AM
You can get the stocker to work. Yes, It is a TIGHT squeeze and it might rub a bit. I did it on my daughters car. If nothing else, Simply build a new bracket for the I/c raising it 1/2". Her car has been set-up that way for a couple years now with no issues resulting.

Other way is to put it in the nose and run the inlet to the passenger side with the piping in the nose... There is plenty of room out there.

MoparN75
01-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Okay Ken, thanks. That's what we'll do. Just got it painted, solid black, and had the windows tinted and she thinks she's get harassed now and she can't put up a decent fight at 8 lb.

GLHSKEN
01-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Great... I was REALLY concerned about the "rub" as well... Just a biotch to get the hoses on, but I took out the front engine mount bracket, popped the hose on then re-installed the bracket...