PDA

View Full Version : Tbi injector

Omnious
01-28-2006, 06:46 PM
hey guys i am having a problem, with a 88 TBI daytona, it seems like it's fuel is getting cut off. It does not want to idle. at first it seemed like it was choking out and i thought that the heat riser tube wasnt hooked up and the flap wasnt opening back up. well that isnt the problem, My next thought is the injector. I put a ohm meter on it and it ohmed out to 21. I know the fuel pump makes noise and primes when the key is first turned on, and it seems to have enough fuel pressure. I checked codes and there is none.

This started a few days ago, at first just seemed like the heat riser flap wasnt closing to help it warm up. but that seems to be working fine, It would keep dying until the car warmed up good. each time it got worse and last i tried, i would try and hold it at 2k rpm and it would just die as if ti lost fuel supply. It has been a long time since i had a Tbi car and need some opinions to help trouble shoot it. does anyone have a tbi injector laying around that they could ohm for me? thanks in advance - Dave

3nglenn
01-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Dave- measured two I have- one a 91 and the other a 93, both showed 1.2 ohms, on a digital voltmeter. Both were running vehicles when I removed the engines. G.P.

3nglenn
01-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Dave- me again. Just so your aware, according to the Dodgegarage TBI info, you may have the low fuel pressure TBI set-up. The injectors I measured were from high pressure TBI's. Don't know if this is a factor or not in ohm readings. Doubt it...
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/na_efi_database.html

turbovanmanČ
01-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Substitute a known good MAP sensor, when they go, it leans the motor out.

5sp. mini
01-28-2006, 07:57 PM
put a timing light on the tbi unit when running to see if it sparying. either bad pump or bad map. like tvm said.AL

Omnious
01-30-2006, 12:39 AM
Dave- me again. Just so your aware, according to the Dodgegarage TBI info, you may have the low fuel pressure TBI set-up. The injectors I measured were from high pressure TBI's. Don't know if this is a factor or not in ohm readings. Doubt it...
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/na_efi_database.html

is there any sure way to tell if it has the low or high pressure system?

I am not sure of wich system the daytona has, I removed the injector out of my van to try and it was diffrent then the daytona one, I did try a know working map sensor and that was not the problem, the car acted the same as before. tomorrow i am going to see how many volts i have to the fuel pump and try and trouble shoot it from there. Then possibly go get a injector from the junk yard and see what happens