PDA

View Full Version : Ported exhaust manifolds

moparzrule
04-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Hey guys, came over here to sell instead of TD.com because they are the forum Nazi's. Check my feedback on TD.com to see people's reactions to my manifolds.
Pricing-
$75 for the porting of a manifold
+$15 is the average shipping cost
+$10 if you want an EGT port either 1/8 or 1/4'' NPT
+$15 if you want to send my your turbine housing and I'll port match it.

-$25 if you send me a core. So instead of $90 shipped it would be $75 if you send a core. I accept paypal and money orders only.

Any T1 manifold that comes to me automatically gets the knotch ground in it, but most are T2 manifolds.
Pics will be up later as soon as Frank activates my basic vendor account. These manifolds FLOW. I had an FM ported manifold on my car once, swapped mine in and had faster turbo spoolup by about 200 RPM and seat of the pants upper RPM gain. No dyno results as my daytona got totaled before I got back to the dyno (wasn't my fault, and insurance totaled my car :mad: )

gvare001
04-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Do you have one readily available now?

BIG PSI
04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
GUYS---Matt does a great job as I have seen his work in person.

In fact I am getting ready to have him do another stock turbo exhaust manifold and a TBI Header Exhaust manifold set up for a turbo motor.

Regards
Chuck

moparzrule
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Do you have one readily available now?

Sorry I'm about booked for a month right now!

Thanks for the props Chuck. BTW did you get that core sent out? I was hoping to get it within the next day or so to portand it and meet up this saturday for the shortblock. If not next saturday is fine too.

BIG PSI
05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
I did not get it sent out as I am just going to bring both the exhaust manifold and the TBI Header with me when I bring out the short block. I would like to know if this Sunday would work for you ???? My wife wants to go on a road trip with me but she works on Saturdays

Chuck

moparzrule
05-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Sorry Chuck can't do Sundays. What time does she get off work? Possibly after work? I don't mind driving at night.

BIG PSI
05-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Sorry Chuck can't do Sundays. What time does she get off work? Possibly after work? I don't mind driving at night.

She is done by 1:00PM (afternoon) and we could head out then.

I will call you tonight...

Chuck

moparzrule
05-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Either call between 5:30-6:30, or 8:30-10.

Whorse
05-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Do you port TBI headers?

moparzrule
05-02-2007, 06:00 PM
BIG PSI's is gonna be my first TBI header, I can atleast port match and blend it in a couple inches and smooth out around the turbo flange.

moparzrule
05-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Update- I'm about 3 weeks out right now. Sent one of my manifolds to Direct Connection to flow bench it compared to several different vendors manifolds.

BIG PSI
05-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Matt if you want to flow bench the pieces I gave you feel free to do so and if you want to take some pictures before and afterwards you may do that as well.

Heck you could even put them in your avatar and at the bottom of your sig. They are clean and would make a good photo for you.

BTW---it was good meeting you and Emily.

Regards
Chuck

moparzrule
05-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Hey Chuck. I already sent the goods to Direct Connection or else if I would have known I could have waited and sent him the TBI header for the comparison just to see how much improvement a TBI header really is over a ported stocker and also compared to alabama man's and TypeRT's headers.
Nice meeting you and your wife too!

moparzrule
06-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Lets give it a bump. I'm about 2-3 weeks booked right now.
I realized a little bit ago that my mathe was a bit shaky on the original post. Instead of $90, it should be $100. Pricing is $75 shipped +$25 for a core charge.
Direct Connection is still conducting flowtesting, I know some results but will let him disclose everything once he is all done.

moparzrule
06-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Flow test results are in from Steve's testing. View the thread in the exhaust section. I'm pleased to announce that my manifold flows better than any other ported stocker he tested by a large margin and some of the ports better than a couple log headers he tested. From steve's testing I've keanred a few things, to spend more time in the number 2 runner as it is a horrible port in the stock manifold and take less material away from the number 4 runner. This way the ports flow a bit more even to each other.

ShadowFromHell
06-28-2007, 10:44 AM
How hard up are you for cores? I have a"few" lol. If i sent you like 5, how much would it cost to get one back ported?

moparzrule
06-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Actually I just picked up a few off ebay so I'm pretty good on cores. I would only want to do the standard 1 for 1 ported deal at this point.

moparzrule
07-25-2007, 06:38 AM
I ported BIG PSI's tbi header with great success, turned out real nice. I'll get those ported parts back to you ASAP chuck! Thanks for everything.

WOP'R
09-11-2007, 11:23 PM
OOOOKKK so I've finally tore down my TIII engine (sorry it took too long). I can ship the manifold out by tomorrow morning but i lost your address!!

PM me or call me...ill PM you

Hemidare
10-17-2007, 06:11 PM
I got one of these and i cant wait untill i put it on my shadow. Awesome porting work.

moparzrule
10-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words! :thumb:

moparzrule
10-17-2007, 09:04 PM
I will notify everybody of a slight increase in price, $85 now, but thats shipped to your door. Core price of $25 still the same, as is the drilling and tapping EGT port, $10.

Mario
10-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Was the flow info ever posted?

moparzrule
10-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, it's in the exhaust section. Direct Connection did the testing.

moparzrule
10-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Here's the link-
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15476

badandy
10-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Here's the link-
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15476

You would increase your sales of these babies if you posted the flow increase of your manifolds over stock in your signature...just a suggestion;)

moparzrule
10-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I do enough to keep me plenty busy right now. I am scheduling out a month and a half right now.

badandy
10-20-2007, 10:51 AM
I do enough to keep me plenty busy right now. I am scheduling out a month and a half right now.
Well maybe my suggestion wasn't just to benefit you:confused: Maybe I was thinking for the benefit of potential customers:o

moparzrule
10-20-2007, 11:45 AM
My customers benefit with real horsepower gains and turbo spoolup, not stuff on a computer screen or piece of paper.

badandy
10-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh? well pardon me for just trying to make a friendly suggestion then...I'll be sure not to make that mistake again :hail:

moparzrule
10-20-2007, 02:25 PM
LOL, OK then. I don't really consider it friendly when a person tries to tell me how to do my job. I run a business, and also this side business (although it's more of a hobby). I am now backed up over 2 months with orders, I don't even want to advertise more I was thinking of taking my signature down for a month or so.

badandy
10-20-2007, 04:39 PM
LOL, OK then. I don't really consider it friendly when a person tries to tell me how to do my job. I run a business, and also this side business (although it's more of a hobby). I am now backed up over 2 months with orders, I don't even want to advertise more I was thinking of taking my signature down for a month or so.
Tell you how to do your job????? Whoa? Telling you how to do your job would be telling you how to port...now indeed that wouldn't be friendly.

I've never seen someone get so bent over a suggestion in my life:confused: I apologize you didn't take that suggestion as it was intended. I did not mean to offend in any way shape or form. Anybody that knows me can attest to my good intentions.

Good luck to you:thumb:

moparzrule
10-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Guess what, advertising is part of my job. I told you I didn't feel the need to act on your suggestion and you should have left it alone right there. It wasn't the suggestion I'm bent over, it was everything you posted after the suggestion.

Aries_Turbo
10-20-2007, 08:26 PM
matt, relax.......

Brian

badandy
10-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Guess what, advertising is part of my job. I told you I didn't feel the need to act on your suggestion and you should have left it alone right there. It wasn't the suggestion I'm bent over, it was everything you posted after the suggestion.
I apologized! Get over it man.