PDA

View Full Version : Oops, installed the afpr wrong.

quantum
04-24-2007, 09:28 PM
I finally got around to installing my afpr today and stupidly didn't check here first to find instructions. All said and done I didn't use washers to shim up the afpr and I think I burried the nut into the rail a bit; but it's holding pressure and not leaking. So here is my question; should I leave it since it's working or should I take it off and reinstall it?

Chris W
04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
I finally got around to installing my afpr today and stupidly didn't check here first to find instructions. All said and done I didn't use washers to shim up the afpr and I think I burried the nut into the rail a bit; but it's holding pressure and not leaking. So here is my question; should I leave it since it's working or should I take it off and reinstall it?

We usually provide the installation instructions including the warning with the AFPR we sell. Right now you are ok as long as you don't remove the AFPR. When it is removed the 6 grooves will slice the rubber O-Ring and cause a leak once re-installed. At this point you should leave it in and hope that you can file down and polish the grooves so they do not damage the O-ring when it's removed and reinstalled. I included the instructions below.

Chris-TU

quantum
04-24-2007, 10:49 PM
I didn't order it from you so I didn't get those instructions. Thanks for letting me know about the grooves though; I'll watch for them the next time I take it off. Hopefully that won't be for a while and perhaps I'll get a billet rail in the mean time so I won't have to worry about it. Thanks.

87glhs232
04-25-2007, 06:48 PM
I didn't order it from you so I didn't get those instructions. Thanks for letting me know about the grooves though; I'll watch for them the next time I take it off. Hopefully that won't be for a while and perhaps I'll get a billet rail in the mean time so I won't have to worry about it. Thanks.

Yeah....lesson learn the hard way for me. Wish I had ordered from Chris....DOH!

Directconnection
04-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Is the regulator the same unit listed for the Grand National on accufab's website or is a TD specific unit?

87glhs232
04-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Is the regulator the same unit listed for the Grand National on accufab's website or is a TD specific unit?

Same unit. My instructions list it for "'84-'87 Buick Turbo Regal, '91 Syclone and '89 20th Anniv. Turbo Trans Am's".