PDA

View Full Version : Lean out issue

show-off
01-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Does anyone else have the issue of the car leaning out under high boost when the tank is below half a tank? It misfires in second sometimes b/c the gas gets to flying around. Anybody else have this issue? Runs great with above half a tank. :eyebrows:

3nglenn
01-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi Mark. I've of heard of it happening, I just wonder how the guys running down the track with minumal fuel in the tank get by... If the write up in your post (for the CSXT) is the car your having problems with I'd think they're be plenty of fuel for all situations. Maybe hook up a fuel pressure gauge you can see while driving and see what happens?(AFPR). Good fuel filter? Fuel pump installed correctly?Like you say maybe just some more tuning... Keep us posted on how you make out. G.P.

PS This may sound a bit lame but what happens if you crack the gas cap open a couple turns and try it (pressure lock)....

show-off
04-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Still having his issue. It have a brand new pump (255) & filter...a new tank too. Could the stock fuel rail be causing this problem with the Accufab & 52lbs injectors? Could an external pump fix it?

JeremyL
04-10-2006, 11:29 AM
I've got a new pump, pick up, filter, ect, and mine does that crap under a 1/2 a tank too. I swear you can turn a corner & hear the pump unprime & it'll sputter if you try to jab the throttle right away.

I keep meaning to pull the pump back out & give it a look over but I haven't had time yet.

show-off
04-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah...it pisses me off too

5sp. mini
04-10-2006, 07:04 PM
is the pick up too low and won,t let gas in? just a thought/ my shadow does not do that but it,s a 91. and it,s been lowww. before. AL