PDA

View Full Version : shelby door stickers...

mo' parts
04-20-2007, 08:39 PM
did all the whittier cars get some sort of shelby sticker on the inside of the doors? specifically the 87 csx?

and also, did the 87 csx have the mobile 1 plaque? where was it located if so?

CSX321
04-20-2007, 09:23 PM
I don't think there is one on the inside of the doors. I'm pretty sure that is the one Chrysler sticker that is still on there.

The Mobil1 plaque is on the radiator support, to the left of center. All the ink was rubbed off mine when I bought the car, so it was just a bare piece of aluminum.

ShelbyMotorsports
04-20-2007, 09:45 PM
did all the whittier cars get some sort of shelby sticker on the inside of the doors? specifically the 87 csx?

and also, did the 87 csx have the mobile 1 plaque? where was it located if so?

Yes that CSX should have a modified by Shelby Automobiles sticker.

CSX321
04-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Yes that CSX should have a modified by Shelby Automobiles sticker.

Yep, I was wrong and Steve's right. I just went out to the garage to look.

My '87 has two Chrysler stickers and one Shelby sticker on the edge of the driver's door. I can't read anything on the upper one, except that I can see a ghost of a pentastar in the upper left corner of it.

My '89 has one Chrysler sticker on the edge of the driver's door and one Shelby sticker on the driver's rear door "sill" for lack of a better word.

mo' parts
04-20-2007, 10:17 PM
i ll have to look again tomorrow in the light, but we couldnt find one, neither chrysler or shelby??
is it just on the drivers side? im starting to wonder if the car had been re-painted or they were removed.

ShelbyMotorsports
04-20-2007, 10:52 PM
i ll have to look again tomorrow in the light, but we couldnt find one, neither chrysler or shelby??
is it just on the drivers side? im starting to wonder if the car had been re-painted or they were removed.

I'd start by pulling off the interior door panel and see what color of paint you find underneath. Make sure you look inside the door for overspray. If you find another color besides black then you can be pretty sure someone replaced the door.

You also mentioned the car was rustproofed. Does the drivers door have similar holes drilled into it like the passengr side for the rustproofing?

The paint does look good on the CSX which is rare. Have you checked to see if the complete car has been repainted? Look around the door handles for signs of a poor masking job.

Steve

mo' parts
04-21-2007, 08:26 AM
I'd start by pulling off the interior door panel and see what color of paint you find underneath. Make sure you look inside the door for overspray. If you find another color besides black then you can be pretty sure someone replaced the door.

You also mentioned the car was rustproofed. Does the drivers door have similar holes drilled into it like the passengr side for the rustproofing?

The paint does look good on the CSX which is rare. Have you checked to see if the complete car has been repainted? Look around the door handles for signs of a poor masking job.

Steve
it looks as though someone poss. locked the keys in the car at one time... it has a bunch of paint chips along the top edge and side of the drivers door as if they used a coathanger or something. it looks as though the door has always been black. the pass. door does have 1 plug from the ziebart protection, but couldnt find one on the drivers? wonder if they missed it?
also it does not look to have been re-painted, as all the paint blends well and no marks from a poor masking job. unless the car had a REAL paintjob. getting ready to wash it up and snap more picts, its nice, warm and sunny out, gonna be a great day!!

DC Turismo
06-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Did the 89's come equipped with a Mobil 1 tag?

BadAssPerformance
06-13-2007, 12:30 AM
door sticker

DC Turismo
06-13-2007, 01:18 AM
JT

Where is that sticker, on the inside part of the door jam (B-pillar I guess you'd call it) on the body of the car, or on the inside of the door jam on the door itself? Mine is on the actual body of the car and the factory Chrysler sticker is on the door. Those look like they're together?

BadAssPerformance
06-13-2007, 01:22 AM
This pic is from a rusty wreck of an '87 CSX that may have been re-painted, but I am pretty sure all the '87 CSX's are the same on the door itself in the jam below the GVWR sticker...

Anonymous_User
06-13-2007, 01:43 AM
My CSXT has a similar sticker in the same location. Covered with clear tape, I thought someone was trying to preserve it, but seeing that pic, the tape must be the way they were put on.

CSX321
06-13-2007, 09:48 AM
This pic is from a rusty wreck of an '87 CSX that may have been re-painted, but I am pretty sure all the '87 CSX's are the same on the door itself in the jam below the GVWR sticker...
My '87 is the same, on the door, but my '89 has it below the B-pillar.

BadAssPerformance
06-13-2007, 01:41 PM
So where is it on an '88? and why? ;)

CSX321
06-13-2007, 03:00 PM
So where is it on an '88? and why? ;)

My CSXT has a similar sticker in the same location.
They should have just covered the whole car to keep the paint from fading and peeling off. :D
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4626&stc=1&d=1181761026

mo' parts
06-13-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks for the pict JT, mine are definitely missing. i was inside the door to tap out most of the dent in the door, and it has always been black. that still doesnt mean it was never changed......
maybe i can get a few other opinions at sdac.

BadAssPerformance
06-13-2007, 05:59 PM
It may have been removed.. Trying to remember if I peeled the one off the S-Lancer I parted out...

Anonymous_User
06-14-2007, 02:18 AM
Is anyone reproducing these?

Shelby5150
06-15-2007, 01:37 PM
I went to the DMV to report a mis-titling of my 87 CSX (titled as a Dodge Shadow). I showed the person everything on the car relating to Shelby. Even showed her a bunch of stuff that I printed off the internet and a Mustang Milestones mag which talked about Carroll's career which had a nice photo of an 87. So she started taking notes and looking around, at which point she opened the door and saw the two stickers. She came to a screaching halt when she saw the sticker that said it's a Chrysler product. But then she looked at the line that had formed behind me and decided to sign me off instead of giving me a hard time. :amen: So now it's registered and insured as a "1987 Shelby CSX":thumb:

Turbodave
06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Think I've got the one off an 89 CSX, unless Evan has it, I cut the sheetmetal out of the door jamb with the sticker on it to save it, did the same thing with the underhood decal.

devlish
06-15-2007, 04:22 PM
hmm, dave... next time i see you remind me of this and let me see them. maybe it's something i can reproduce.

Turbodave
06-15-2007, 05:07 PM
hmm, dave... next time i see you remind me of this and let me see them. maybe it's something i can reproduce.

The underhood sticker would be easy for you, but the door sticker is the foil kind that reads "void" or something like that if you try to peel it off. My guess is that one of those would be hard to duplicate.

ShelbyMotorsports
06-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Just like the dash plaques this is something Shelby Automobiles has specifically said they do not reproduced.

Go visit the SDML archives and you will see how quickly the lawyers went after people trying to reproduce dash plaques.

devlish
06-15-2007, 05:31 PM
hmmm... maybe not the shelby stuff then. however, i do stock Security Label (the stuff that says VOID when peeled off)

devlish
10-14-2007, 12:33 PM
does anyone have a good pic of this doorjam sticker?? i'd be interested in toying around with it when i have time at work.

mo' parts
10-14-2007, 03:09 PM
does anyone have a good pic of this doorjam sticker?? i'd be interested in toying around with it when i have time at work.

see post 9 on page 1:D

quantum
10-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Did the 89's come equipped with a Mobil 1 tag?

I'm curious about this as well. Any one know?

TopDollar69
10-15-2007, 10:40 AM
I peeled one off of an 88 CSX-T it was on the drivers door by the factory Chrysler sticker. It came off clean so I dont think it's the security label material, just foil.