PDA

View Full Version : Forward Motion

chucksrt
01-27-2006, 03:50 PM
I have been buying parts from FM since I was 20yrs. Old (30 now) When Cliff sebring owned it the service was good he got you what you wanted, Now that Mike Demoss owns it he is running it into the ground!! I have spent more money with him than I care to talk about and his service is always the same, there is no service. I have been building my car for 3 yrs now and when I started and I was getting the big stuff he was more than happy to take my order, but not with the fastest results but I hung in there. Now that I am only buying one or two things at a time he says things like I am busy with larger orders and just forgot to look into your request or says oh, I ordered the part and got the wrong one and had to send it back but I haven't gotten your new one yet, 4 months pass and he is too busy to do his job. His head is too big for his job and everyone I talk to says how they are being run around the same way or others haven't even gotten as far as to order before getting blown out of the water by some super long wait time for standard upgrade parts or high pricing. I have tried to stick with his company because I have used them for so long but enough is enough. He has tried scaring me into useing his machine shop for my build saying that no one will build a motor as good as he can. Also When i needed parts like a header or custom intake he talked crap about the people making that stuff and told me I should get that stuff from him but when I asked about what he had to offer, he said he offered neither but could port my existing stuff And leave it at that. I'm sorry for going on and on, beleive me I can say a lot more about him that would piss certain people off. But I am fed up to here. The final straw was him saying he was going to get me a trans mount for my now auto Iroc RT 5 months and he still blows smoke well. I strongly recommend not doing business with him or his company being that if you are not spending $3000 to $5000 a shot then he is too busy for you. :mad:

MVaughn
01-28-2006, 02:01 AM
Never had a problem with them at all. Bought small stuff and large, always great service. I too have been a buyer since Cliff's days and it has only gotton better with the selection, ect. since he bought it.

GLHS592
01-28-2006, 02:07 AM
I like ice cream.

turbomopar87
01-28-2006, 02:22 AM
When i purchased my daytona a few years back it was my first real TD(had an 86 laser before it). The guy i bought it from gave me a forward motion catalog with all the recipes. I did my resaerch and also found FWDperformance.

When it came time to restore the daytona(almost done), i started pricing things out. To buy everything i wanted/needed, FM was going to cost $6500. the only engine parst i was reusing was my head setup and turbo w/ manifolds. ALL else was replaced. I then priced FWD. hey didnt have shorblocks on their site like FM didm but when i called the nicest lady even told me she could build me one with the specs i wanted. Not to mention 1/2 the price. So for $1600 bucks i got my 2.2L block built with eerything i wanted insted of the $2800 FM wanted for the same HP rating. My total with all engine goodies and block AND konis and springs was $3900. Enough said. FWD or TU is the way to go.

ohh, and quoted from someone at FWD about FM(no names)..."they are a little 'proud' of their stuff." (when talking about shortblocks and other things that were double the price for the same thing.)

Frank
01-28-2006, 07:01 AM
This is an obvious cut and past from the "other" forum, and just so happens to be your only thread here?!?!?! I am on the fence about this thread. I personally feel that this section should be only for 2 cases... transactions done with vendors who are authorized to sell here OR transactions conducted between members thru the for sale section only.

You feel offended, but I dont see exact black and white that you were being ripped off. Not saying you are lying at all, but from a third party this is a typical "he said she said."

I am not trying to be disrespectful at all. I am going to close this thread because we dont need the drawn out drama and bashing, especially when Mike is not here to defend himself. If you want, you can PM me about it... I will gladly discuss any reasoning further with you.

Frank