PDA

View Full Version : 2.4/2.0 stock intake manifold differences

TurbododgePirate
01-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Okay, A long while ago I got a 2.4 caravan intake manifold that I was planning on cutting up to use for my 2.4 project. I also have a neon DOHC intake manifold that came with the neon head that I have. Looking at the 2.4 van intake, it comes up and over the valve cover, long runners, and a small plenum. The Neon 2.0 intake manifold has significantly shorter runners, and I would say the stock plenum is the same size overall.

Now I assume from what I have read that the long runner 2.4 van intake would produce significantly more torque?? IS there any real benefit to this over the 2.0 neon intake? I know that I can get a manifold spacer, and open up the 2.0 intake manifold to give significantly more volume.

Pros/cons? Will one make the big holset turbo spool faster? I plan to get a indy CNC job done to the head so it will flow 315cfm intake, but I may start out with just a stock head.

Your input is appreciated. ~~Heath

Frank
01-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Personally, you dont need anymore torque. The 2.4L is much like the 2.5L. By getting better top end, you are increasing the benifit of the high end to rpm redline.... especially usefull when you get the indy porting.

87csx2.4
01-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Spooling will have more to do with the compression ratio you go with tuning ability and turbine wheel.The intake would be last in the line,the stock head kicks butt and so does the 2 piece neon intake with a spacer.If your on a tight budget this would be the way to go its already been proven on mine and robs setup.