PDA

View Full Version : 90 Sundance turbo

WickedShelby88
04-16-2007, 02:43 AM
Well as the title says thats what I found in the junkyard the other day, bud its a 90 complete with the SBEC but the outside looks more like an 87. It was a sundance RS. Neat little car. two tone and everything. Complete in every way. I've never seen one that year before and I know anything after 89 that they are kinda rare to find. Its still got a complete engine. Its in woodstock, IL at RT. 14 auto parts if anyone needs something. I figured it would be a good car to save from the crusher as well because its a clean car and really solid. Too bad its a 4 door I guess.

Anonymous_User
04-16-2007, 03:37 AM
Can you find out if it is possible to buy the car from them complete and if they have a title?

Directconnection
04-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Auto or 5 speed? I need a complete T-I harness from a '90 5-speed P-body (or VNT would be even better)

PBODY
04-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Any front end damage? I need the radiator support.

WickedShelby88
04-17-2007, 02:25 AM
NO damage on the body! Like I said this sucker needs to be saved. As for your question about buying the whole car Anonymous_User, they won't possibly sell it unless you have 200+ in hand and will take the car minus any VIN numbers whatsoever. Thats the way it works in good ole IL as this cursed state makes it illegal to sell salvage title vehicles. I miss IN. Unfortunately its an auto so it wouldn't have that HTF harness. Its still got a key in the ignition though. I thought of finding a good battery and seeing if it would start but they sort of don't like it when you do that. Engine was really clean and fluids were full. I don't have any clue why its there. I robbed the Standard brand tune-up stuff from it as well as the SBEC. Everything else is still there.

Joseph

PBODY
04-17-2007, 08:35 AM
It wouldn't be worth saving if you don't get a VIN. I wonder how much they would want for the radiator support?

Anonymous_User
04-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Is a P-body radiator support identical to a G-body?

I'll have to check later. I have a PERFECT G-body support removed and ready to go. Shipping something like that, though...... ooof

PBODY
04-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Is a P-body radiator support identical to a G-body?

I'll have to check later. I have a PERFECT G-body support removed and ready to go. Shipping something like that, though...... ooof

IDK. I wouldn't think so. But you never know. I just need the lower half with the metal piece behind the bumper. Looks like someone cut this one up for an IC or something. They made a mess out of it.

I called around locally, but the only years that fit, according to the J/Y's, is 89-90.

Turbodave
04-17-2007, 04:52 PM
G-body core support is different from a P-body.

Anonymous_User
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Well, they are different any way, but

I just need the lower half with the metal piece behind the bumper.

I won't cut this one up anyway. I properly removed it from a parts car by drilling each and every spot weld because this one is so amazingly perfect. I figured I may need it some day.

Wicked... too bad they can't sell a car with VIN. About the only thing a person could do with it is part it or build a race car out of it. Burns my --- when people junk perfectly good vehicles because of minor issues and then the yards refuse to put them back on the street.

PBODY
04-17-2007, 05:11 PM
I won't cut this one up anyway. I properly removed it from a parts car by drilling each and every spot weld because this one is so amazingly perfect. I figured I may need it some day.

Even if they were the same, your core support is probably nicer than my whole Shadow. LOL. I think I'll just weld in some metal to fix it and make it work. It'll probably be stronger than stock but look like **** when I'm done with it.

flatlander757
04-17-2007, 08:38 PM
I could use a lot of stuff from that car:thumb:

I happen to have a 90 RS T1 auto...:eyebrows:

Birddog
04-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Thats the way it works in good ole IL as this cursed state makes it illegal to sell salvage title vehicles.

Joseph

You can buy and sell salvage vehicles all day long here... It's not as easy as other states though. Sounds like the yard is more concerned with liability, the bottom line, or they really don't know the legals like they should..(I know that yard too...)

It's illegal as hell to knowingly buy or sell a vehicle salvage or not with the VIN removed from any area of the car and no title in any state.

WickedShelby88
04-18-2007, 01:21 AM
hmm.. Well If I had a rusty one like it and had that one that was solid couldn't you make 1 good one...

PBODY
04-18-2007, 08:36 AM
You can buy and sell salvage vehicles all day long here... It's not as easy as other states though. Sounds like the yard is more concerned with liability, the bottom line, or they really don't know the legals like they should..(I know that yard too...)

It's illegal as hell to knowingly buy or sell a vehicle salvage or not with the VIN removed from any area of the car and no title in any state.

I think if this yard were to sell you this car, it would have to be for parts only and you would have to give it back to them when you were done.
I can't see them letting you keep a car with out a title or VIN. Most J/Y's around here won't take a car with out a title.

Directconnection
04-19-2007, 07:34 PM
15 year rule here in Maine. I bought a '91 r/t from a yard a few years back with no title. As of now... I don't need the title to register it. My '92 IROC i bought w/out a title as well. 8 more months and the same applies here.

WickedShelby88
04-20-2007, 11:16 AM
That would work out pretty well. And I know in Indiana you don't need a title to register a vehicle. Most of the time you don't get one anyway if you have a lien on the vehicle. Its a thought. I don't know if that car will be there long though as that salvage yard is crush happy and even more so now with the price of steel where it is. I remember when you could go out to a junkyard and buy a car for 100 or 200 bucks and trailer it off no questions asked. I think the darn bureaurocrats got tired of losing money on deals like that.