PDA

View Full Version : 2 races from tonight

4cfed
04-15-2007, 05:29 AM
no changed to the shelby z 14 psi, 2.5 side exit, all power options and afull system..

first situation, a buddy came out and a red 00 civic si was with him, i asked my buddy where all the fast cars are and theguy with this civic goes right there. isaid umm i said fast dude.. he goes did you call me car slow? i said mmm yeah.. so he asked if i wanan race.. 'yessss i dooo'

well its a 00 civic si dohc vtec supercharged, what else is done i dont know..

we go out and line up i do a small burnout just to clean the tires off and he does a big burnout and all i can hear is mr s/c screaming away.. honestly i got nervous!!!
so my buddy flags up we launch he spins and i spin i peddal it trying to hook up and it wont hook!!!! so i threw 2nd and spun alil and hook and started to pull . i had a car lenght on him untell 95 mph at 95 mph he caught me and crept past(i consider it a win due to the fact i dontt hink my car traps faster than 95 mph)

we turn around and run it back down the road... he gets the jump on me and he hooks up.. i spun alil and backed it to half throttle and hook, well.. we are dead side by side tell 95 and he slowly starts the creep away, i let off at 110 and his rear bumper was at my front bumper..

next race, my buddys friends 96 neon 2 door, 2.4 swap, solid mounts, header intake and under drives(dont know of anythting else)
we go on three beeps i launch soft so i dont have arepeat of the launch against the civic.. .. he launch side by side i got moving faster and pulled 2 cars on him by the top of second, i shut it down at 100 mph and he was 1.5-2 cars behind me....

i guess the neon runs or should run 14.5 in the 1/4 so who knows....

that was my excitemnt for the night

sorry about the wording and spelling, grammer errers its 430 am im BEAT and ready to pass out!

TurboII
04-15-2007, 03:15 PM
yea them si civics are pretty quick ......lmao Joking, Good run man but how come your charger doesnt go over 110 is it automatice. My lebaron goes 140 and it is a 88 with a A-555 swap. When my baron was auto i couldnt pass 115 and i lost alot of races Until the 5spd come in hand im wining all my loses. But good kill man.

4cfed
04-15-2007, 09:59 PM
my daytona dont go much faster cuz well.. lack of 5th gear.. still havent looked into it yet and figured out why it dont work

TurboII
04-15-2007, 11:28 PM
what year is the charger is it a 4 speed man. is it non-turbo, what size motor. etc. cause i find it kinda weird even if it is a 4 speed as a matter of fact it should be even better in a race.

4cfed
04-16-2007, 01:40 AM
umm.. i have a 88 shelby z daytona dude TII 555 with a none working 5th gear

TurboII
04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
OHHHHHH ok now now it makes sense. the 5th gears isnt working when you said lack of 5th gear i thought it was a 4 spd like a gen 1 charger oops my bad. But what is wrong with your 5th gear doesnt hold, grinds, etc cause if that 5th gear was working you would've smoked that civic.

4cfed
04-16-2007, 01:37 PM
no clue.. have not had time to pull the side cover off and look it over. more than one person has said the set screw for the shift fork may have same lose

TurboII
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
no clue.. have not had time to pull the side cover off and look it over. more than one person has said the set screw for the shift fork may have same lose

OH that could be it i was wondering what you meant by lack of 5th gear. get that fixed and re-race that civic and show him who's boss

1qk4dr
04-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Don't underestimate those hondas(really). I bet the one he ran was pushing in with a Supercharger was running 210+ hp or more. I've seen stock bottom end cars like that run low 13's on drag radials at around 110 or better. I've had trouble holding my own at the track in my 03 Cobra vs some. My spirit Rt would only only beat up to GSR swap Civics or slower.

Nice Runs, I bet that Kid wasn't expecting that,lol.

This just reminded me of a story my Friend told me.

A group of kids saw my buddy in his beater which could of been anything. My buddy asked them do you guys want to run my Dodge. They said sure laughing at him like he had a slow beat up Dodge. So my buddy came back in his 1998 Viper GTS which was moddified and those kids yelled that car isn't a Dodge it's a Viper,lol. BTW there was no race,LOL!

shad0w2.s_tur80
04-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Don't underestimate those hondas(really)

thats defintaly some good advice yes alota honda guys are more show than go and think their the fastest things one the road .but some of them realy do know what their are doing. i know of a kid that used to be around here but lives in chigao now thats making well over 600 to the wheals granted hes got over well over 10 grand invested under hood.

TurboII
04-18-2007, 11:48 AM
thats defintaly some good advice yes alota honda guys are more show than go and think their the fastest things one the road .but some of them realy do know what their are doing. i know of a kid that used to be around here but lives in chigao now thats making well over 600 to the wheals granted hes got over well over 10 grand invested under hood.

Well, that's very true BUT most of the Hondas around here in CT are stolen and they car isn't that must show or go. Hondas here have like 3 different color ground affects that came off 3 different stolen cars, Also they have know turn signals light either still cant figure that one out myself and the exhaust is about the size of my head. what IM saying is my experience with Hondas here we have more slow civics then go out of 1000s imports here 5 are fast that what IM trying to say.

ShelbyTurbo
04-25-2007, 11:29 PM
At the track around here, I've only been beaten by two, one was an RSX made to look like an JDM ITR, and one had nitrous, everybody else was slower than 16.0 lol!

I've heard of a few around that can move out, though I haven't seen them at the track. It seems all of the fast rice around here are DSM's of some sort.

TurboII
04-25-2007, 11:36 PM
At the track around here, I've only been beaten by two, one was an RSX made to look like an JDM ITR, and one had nitrous, everybody else was slower than 16.0 lol!

I've heard of a few around that can move out, though I haven't seen them at the track. It seems all of the fast rice around here are DSM's of some sort.

ya rsx are fast i like does but the fast cars here are either drug money, stolen or either mom and dad are rich. Thats all i have to say

overlordsshadow
04-26-2007, 11:34 AM
ya rsx are fast i like does but the fast cars here are either drug money, stolen or either mom and dad are rich. Thats all i have to say
I agree. When I was at school and had kids yippin at me they were driving mom or dads escalade or hummer. They were driving the rice rockets and spaceships their parents bought. Couple huge sellers had some done up rice. One or two other guys actually did work to cars and stuff but not sure how much money came from where. Lets just say when I see the people I went to high school with and I'm in the shadow, I make sure they remember me.....And a cloud of tire smoke.

The kids at that school now are the same as when I was there, which was only last year and the previous three. Brother still goes to school there and this kid thinks his crx can beat my shadow and my buddies SRT?! Needless to say I did a burnout in reverse, then in first, and 2nd. Oh the life of a ricer. Hoping to race the kid for cash once 'his car is done'. Which basically means when he quits chicken shittin around or once the car has 200lbs of body kit and filler since his car is full of rust holes and crap.