PDA

View Full Version : What should I go with?

Jasmeleg08
04-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Right now I am running a stock '88 shelby Z at 14psi peak and 12psi hold. My A/F is good and not leaning out. I am looking to upgrade fuel so I can run some more boost. This engine is freshly rebuilt with a head spacer and .02 over pistons and all broken in. 2.5" side exit and Greddy Type S BOV. Can I run +40's on a stock cal? Without AFPR? What do you recommend for fuel? Maybe extra injector?

shelby zed
04-15-2007, 01:54 AM
you have to turn the pressure down to run 40's, but you can up your pressure a little with the stockers by crushing it, or you can also make it adjustable. and yes extra injectors would work also

mo' parts
04-15-2007, 12:48 PM
get a calibration and +20, +40's depending on your goal. the extra injector will only give you a couple of psi, safely, and really isnt worth the extra potential leak points. another option is to find som flex fuel vehicle injectors (which i did, even though i still have a 5th inj.) they are about +15 or +18% over stock t2's and work great. i made an afpr just for extra tuneability running them and the 5th inj. obviously the cal is the easiest/safest way, it just depends on your budget.