PDA

View Full Version : bare 782 perfect shape

vxvxAndrewxvxv
04-14-2007, 05:15 AM
Looking for a bare 782, no cracks whatsoever.

LMK.

Xtrempickup
04-14-2007, 08:23 AM
i have one i'll see if its got any visable cracks, motor ran strong, from TII 88. i could strip it down, right now its complete

22mopar
04-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Looking for a bare 782, no cracks whatsoever.

LMK.

that's like impossible unless you buy a brand new virgin head. I've bought brand new heads, and 10 heat cycles later, there's cracks that show up between the valve seats. seems to be a common non-problem.

1FastCSX289
04-14-2007, 10:41 AM
that's like impossible unless you buy a brand new virgin head. I've bought brand new heads, and 10 heat cycles later, there's cracks that show up between the valve seats. seems to be a common non-problem.

Yea, the cracks between the seats are on most of the 782 heads.....nothing to cause any concern.

vxvxAndrewxvxv
04-14-2007, 01:08 PM
well, i'm looking for something to get ported, so it has to be a very very nice one as it will see a lot of horses after its done. and I want it to last a while, so i was hoping togeta crackless one.

1FastCSX289
04-14-2007, 04:17 PM
well, i'm looking for something to get ported, so it has to be a very very nice one as it will see a lot of horses after its done. and I want it to last a while, so i was hoping togeta crackless one.

This head I just had done had the cracks in 3 out of the 4 cylinders. My machinist didnt even blink an eye at it. Its so common.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13248

Directconnection
04-14-2007, 04:46 PM

Someone on TD bought a new head from a company I can't quite remember (it's at the tip of my tongue) When it arrived, it was new as described, but the WORST head casting I have ever seen. I believe it was the chineese castings, not 100% sure. We all saw the pics and told him it was horrible, so he called/emailed back the seller and they sent him a different casting which we think is the new Australian (yet I seem to recall a "Mexico" cast into it)
This head was in mint condition and looked as perfect as you could ask for. Do a search over there and come back and tells us of your findings.

ShelbyMopar
04-14-2007, 05:57 PM
I have one I just pulled out of one of my Daytona's (in goes a ported one :)), it ran 21 PSI flawlessly. Still has the valvetrain in it, w/cam.

4 l-bodies
04-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Someone on TD bought a new head from a company I can't quite remember (it's at the tip of my tongue) When it arrived, it was new as described, but the WORST head casting I have ever seen. I believe it was the chineese castings, not 100% sure. We all saw the pics and told him it was horrible, so he called/emailed back the seller and they sent him a different casting which we think is the new Australian (yet I seem to recall a "Mexico" cast into it)
This head was in mint condition and looked as perfect as you could ask for. Do a search over there and come back and tells us of your findings.

I heard the better casting of the aftermarket heads were from New Zealand. I personally have seen a China head that someone bought for me to port. I wouldn't put that on anything. Unbelievably poor!
Todd Nelson

moparfwdsleeper
04-15-2007, 12:44 AM
ive got a good head complete but would be happy to dismantle. dont recall if it did or didnt have cracks on it... I just had i ported out and 2 out of the 4 had cracks. even had a few n/as that way so now i dont even pay that close of attention to it. but anyways if your interested id be willing to find out for ya. just LMK, Clayton

vxvxAndrewxvxv
04-15-2007, 05:18 AM
hey guys, thanks for posting up what you've got. I just remembered that I have a 782 on the commonblock i bought sitting in the corner. I'm gonna tear that one off and check it out, I have no clue on the condition of it so I will get back to you in a couple days or so either way to let you know...

Mario
04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
I have a couple here in SE Michigan. $45 a piece.

shadow88
04-17-2007, 08:54 PM
How about brand new in the box from MOPAR. A co-worker has one of those at his house. No valves, no fittings, just cam caps and bare head. I can ask him if you're into it, but I know it won't go cheap. I already tried to buy it from him a few years ago.

TurboJerry
04-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Actually welding the cracks will be stronger because the rod used will be better then the material the head was made out of. Just something to consider.......