PDA

View Full Version : Paint Ideas

jre97
01-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Ok anyone think this will look good on an 88 daytona. Flat black hood rest of car red. I want to add a stripe on the rear with daytona lettering kinda like whats on the new daytona edition chargers and trucks. Opinions? Anyone good with photoshop?

87glhs232
01-26-2006, 10:03 PM
ricer....

jk!:)

jre97
01-26-2006, 10:15 PM
ricer....
jk!:)
How do you get ricer it's the classic muscle car paint scheme? Kinda like the old charger daytonas and superbirds only without the big rear spoiler and no I didn't call it a wing.:lol: I took that way too personally and didn't see the jk.

Tony Hanna
01-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Personally I think the red w/flat black would look great in keeping with the old school Mopar style. I don't know about the stripe though. It doesn't seem like the a$$ end of the car is long enough for it to look right. Like the AAR style stripe I was considering when I had the car, I'd just have to see it.

cordes
01-27-2006, 12:26 AM
I would probably avoid it, just because the ricers would think it is cool, and the uneducated would think you are a ricer. At the end of the day if you don't care what anyone thinks, and you like it, go for it.

87glhs232
01-27-2006, 02:43 AM
Most ricer dim wits are flat primering their hoods for the carbon fiber effect. Thats all. I think it might look cool. But then again it may just make the car look unfinished. I realize the roots of the theme, but it simply has been whored out by the ricer crowd (at least around here it has).
I agree with cordes, do what ya like. It's your car after all!

GLHS592
01-27-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't really like old muscle era Mopar paint schemes on turbo Dodges. They just look odd to me, especially if you use a High Impact color. Of course, some don't like silver/black stripe paint schemes on Shelby Chargers either. :)

glhs875
01-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Personally, I care what other people think!! If you would like for you car to be a certain way then screw everyone else. Poeple are different and you sure can't please everyone! And I think some ricer car look realy nice!

BadAssPerformance
01-27-2006, 02:40 PM
I don't really like old muscle era Mopar paint schemes on turbo Dodges. They just look odd to me, especially if you use a High Impact color. Of course, some don't like silver/black stripe paint schemes on Shelby Chargers either. :)

yeah, but your sliver/black SC and Kenny (I think) from Montreal's green/gold SC are the ones everyone remembers!

GLHS592
01-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Personally, I care what other people think!!

I think you meant, "don't care" :)

And I think some ricer car look realy nice!

It's a good thing you don't care saying something like that. ;) J/K

green/gold SC

I used to have a picture of that car. Anybody have one?

BadAssPerformance
01-27-2006, 02:49 PM
I used to have a picture of that car. Anybody have one?

I might... will check at home. If I don't, i'm sure crazy1eye can get you one...

glhs875
01-27-2006, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=GLHS592]I think you meant, "don't care" :)

It's a good thing you don't care saying something like that. ;) J/K

I was in a hurry when I typed that post. I had a customer (RICER) come in.

jre97
01-27-2006, 07:38 PM
I think it would look good. I figured someone had probably tried it. I don't know if I'm that talented with the paint work, the most elaborate I've ever done was a two tone job on a truck. I guess I'll take some measurements when I get ready to paint it and see if I can have someone make up a custom vinyl for the rear stripe. Then If I don't like it I can just peel it off and do a little buffing.

Tony Hanna
01-29-2006, 03:01 AM
For that matter, we could make a stencil and apply it in waterbase over the old paint just to get a rough idea of how it's going to look. That way it's not permanent and you're not out any money if you don't like it.

jre97
01-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Good Idea man:thumb: ! Too bad I don't still work at butch's I could have used the computerized vinyl cutter.

Tony Hanna
01-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Well, as far out of your way as you've gone to help him out in the past, it'd be pretty crappy of him not to let you use it anyway.

jre97
01-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Well, as far out of your way as you've gone to help him out in the past, it'd be pretty crappy of him not to let you use it anyway.
Well he's a douche that way!

WVRampage
02-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Im thinking of painting my rampage a dark metalic gray with the indent in the hood black with a cuda stripe on the side.

GLHS377
02-06-2006, 11:37 AM
the red daytona /black hood sounds good, however, not if the whole hood is done. it's too big and square. lines from the windsheild to the inner edge of headlights, or beter yet extending the full hood width blackout to halfway down the headlights along that front bodyline maybe. but whatever you do, you need a scoop on it. no plain hoods. and i'd expecgt a more orange red than the "stock" daytona red. but it's all your taste, just offering ideas. sorry i don't have time to fotoshop it right now.
-jason

CanadianDaytona
02-10-2006, 10:45 PM
This is my favorite 87-88 Daytona Paint scheme...I'd love to do my 88Shelby exactly like this
http://www3.telus.net/canadiandaytona/TONA%20paint.jpg