PDA

View Full Version : what cam gears do i have?

shelbyplaya
01-26-2006, 08:43 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/816000-816999/816579_27_full.jpg

stock TD cam gear (88-) is on the left and the one in question is on the right.

the one on the right matches up perfectley with the stock TD gear. i know with this gear i'm gonna have to space out the other 3 on the block. can i get a belt to match this gear?

anyone... russ your the man, you mnow stuff like this....:D

thanks

whywoody
01-26-2006, 10:08 PM
If you are interested in some budget gears,and can hold off for a while,I am trying to track down exactly which honda sohc engine mine came from.They require no spacing of anything,but require a 1mm thick sleeve inside there bore and a shoulder machined off there face.I *thought* they were off a '89 accord with a a20a1 engine,but checking against my wifes accord of that exact model,they are slightly different in there off-set.
I have these honda gears running on mine,so they are proven by atleast 1 builder!I am also working on the model and machining details with Russ,so that way there will be a direct comparo to the custom adjustables and another valued opinion!

shelbyplaya
01-26-2006, 11:07 PM
If you are interested in some budget gears,and can hold off for a while,I am trying to track down exactly which honda sohc engine mine came from.They require no spacing of anything,but require a 1mm thick sleeve inside there bore and a shoulder machined off there face.I *thought* they were off a '89 accord with a a20a1 engine,but checking against my wifes accord of that exact model,they are slightly different in there off-set.
I have these honda gears running on mine,so they are proven by atleast 1 builder!I am also working on the model and machining details with Russ,so that way there will be a direct comparo to the custom adjustables and another valued opinion!

cool, dont expect to have the motor running for a cuple more months. so i guess i can hold off... thanks :thumb:

Russ Jerome
01-27-2006, 11:34 PM
I want to say Volkswagon...sure look familiar...driving me nuts
they just look soooooo familiar ;(