PDA

View Full Version : need to clean oil out ????? Simon

boostedblue
04-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Ok changed turbo w/ bad seal. Now need to clean out intake manifold (stock T-1 on GLH-T) Already used 3 can of sea foam > any other suggestions ??? Do not want to take intake off engine. Thanks in advance BoostedBlue:( ps also getting popping when I let off gas

turbovanmanČ
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Well the one piece kinda reverses itself so I would just spray carb cleaner in the TB when its running then let nature take its course, IE Beat the crap out of it, lol!

Dave
04-10-2007, 10:19 PM
How about fuel?? It has the lifting power needed, but I would worry of washing down the cylinder walls. How fuch fuel that would take is beyond me... is it burning blue still? If you're not smoking blue I wouldn't worry much about cleaning it until it's apart. Besides, your car is blue, no one will notice. They'll just think it's your paint peeling off because you're going so fast. ;)

t3rse
04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
drive the car, the manifold with get hot enough that the material will vaporize and be consumed by the motor. As far as washing the walls, it doesn't take much, being at under 10:1 a/f will pour gas into your oil, under 11:1 isn't advisable...however it does take a bit of running the car this rich to totally ---- things up (glaze things)

boostedblue
04-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Interesting answers, only seems to blow out smoke when letting off gas (backing fires a liitle like a Indy or F-1 car) which is kinda cool scares the cars next to me on highway. Buzz bomb guys keep saying WTF kind of car is that, you guys have a good day, BoostedBlue aka Bruce:eyebrows: by the way left rad over flow hose off tank so I can clean oil dots out of cooling system (hand cleaner mixed w/ water seems to work very well)

t3rse
04-11-2007, 10:05 PM
if it's popping and backfireing and blowing fireballs out your --- then it's really fuggin rich

4cfed
04-11-2007, 11:00 PM
the air being foreced into it will clean it out very cquickly

Birddog
04-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Ya bringing it saturday??

How's your PCV hooked up? I had a weird smoking issue too until I routed the "breather" back to the air filter(air box in your case).

BadAssPerformance
04-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I'm sure we can find time to take a look at it if you bring it out to Jim's for the meeting :thumb:

boostedblue
04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
At this point do not know if it is coming or not.Bruce