PDA

View Full Version : weld elles

Anonymous_User
04-08-2007, 02:34 PM
1.) Is that how you spell it? elles? or ells? or....???

2.) How are they measured? I.D. or O.D.?

3.) What is the wall thickness normally?

4.) What are they actually used for? What kind of store should I look for locally that may carry them?

5.) Where can I get them online?

6.) What is the correct name for the tee's? Weld Tee?

7.) What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Speedeuphoria
04-08-2007, 03:00 PM
1.) Is that how you spell it? elles? or ells? or....???
AFAIK, els
2.) How are they measured? I.D. or O.D.?
I.D.
3.) What is the wall thickness normally?

4.) What are they actually used for? What kind of store should I look for locally that may carry them?
its pipe for plumbing ect..
5.) Where can I get them online?

6.) What is the correct name for the tee's? Weld Tee?

7.) What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
just under the speed of sound:thumb:

dont have all the answers

Directconnection
04-08-2007, 03:35 PM
MacMaster car sells them. Welded Els. I think they use a different name for them though. welbend I think is the name of the manufacturer and use labeled as ID. Wall thickness is told on the chart supplied by the vendor who sells them along with all specs. They are not wicked cheap, but the welded els together that are needed I think come out to a bit over $80. Add in the Chrysler flange and the manifold flange as well... Typert sells those I think.

mo' parts
04-09-2007, 10:07 PM
lookey here:)
click on pipe fittings and pipe. they are "butt-weld" to "butt-weld"... he said butt.
:lol:
http://www.mcmaster.com/index.asp

Tony Hanna
04-10-2007, 01:08 AM
lookey here:)
click on pipe fittings and pipe. they are "butt-weld" to "butt-weld"... he said butt.
:lol:
http://www.mcmaster.com/index.asp

I was looking around there last night. Ordered a g-valve to use as a cutout raiser so I can get away from this irritating zener.:thumb:
I was looking at the els also, trying to get an idea for an exhaust outlet for the holset. What gets me is how much more expensive the short radius ones are. Almost twice as much as a long radius in 3". There's less material there, so I figured they'd be cheaper.:confused:

Anonymous_User
04-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I found them in the big yellow book here at work. Damn Tee's are $$$. And we don't get any discount on ---- form McMaster here where I work. :(

We DO have some nice stainless Tees in stock here. But no short radius 90's.

Oh well, I guess I'll just go down to the plumbing supply store and see what they got.