PDA

View Full Version : NEW: Carrillo Rods by FWD Performance

JamesL
04-06-2007, 12:12 PM
FWD Performance is happy to offer genuine MADE in AMERICA Carrillo rods. These are some of the highest quality rods available anywhere. These rods are forged from Carrillo’s own proprietary steel to provide the greatest strength and balance possible. Coupled with CARR’s multiphase, 285,000 PSI indefinite assembly bolts, they are virtually indestructible. Don’t be fooled by marketing tactics that offer the same quality rod but deliver something far inferior. Depend on Carrillo and FWD Performance to keep your motor together in the most extreme circumstances. 1400.00 dollars buys you a set made to most order specifications. Visit www.fwdperformance.com to make your purchase. Please allow ample time for delivery.

Mario
04-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Nice to see more products being offered. :thumb:

Ondonti
04-06-2007, 05:16 PM
i would love to see what these look like.
I know the main selling point with carillo is their very careful watch over the quality of the metal they use so maybe a picture cant do justice.

JamesL
04-06-2007, 05:57 PM
i would love to see what these look like.
I know the main selling point with carillo is their very careful watch over the quality of the metal they use so maybe a picture cant do justice.

If you've never seen a Carrillo rod...its like opening the hood to see your first 426 Hemi or Boss 429. Jaw dropping.

That said, I'd really like to see the price a lot lower so we are hoping to come to some agreement with them. It's an expensive buy-in to get the pricing we really wanted to start with.

I also spent some time on the phone talking with Tom Molnar at K1 this morning. I must say I was very impressed. He was very explicit about his rods not being Carrillo and correcting the misinformation being put out by his resellers. Having said that, Carrillo wouldn't buy just any rod company. Couple that with Tom’s credentials and you can trust he has a solid product. Feel free to email him Tom Molnar at K1 tom.m@k1technologies.com or Susan Williams susan.w@k1technologies.com if you have any questions. He is a very amiable individual. Kudos to TU for getting this companies product to the TD market first! Perhaps the TD community will benefit further with pricing should K1 find the need to increase production.

2.216VTurbo
04-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Nice post James, kudos to your attitude, I like it when we all get along for the better of our community:thumb: :thumb: :clap2: :peace: :grouphug:

yogurt_slinger
04-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Kudos to TU for getting this companies product to the TD market first! Perhaps the TD community will benefit further with pricing should K1/Carrillo find the need to increase production.

wow, I have to say that this is the absolute FIRST TIME I have ever seen FWDP commend TU. I like your style James, lets keep it that way, sheer honesty = business due to lack of vendor bashing ++111(ok Ken?:o drunken stuper)

GLHSKEN
04-07-2007, 07:40 AM
:clap2: LOL more than O.K.. Nice Job FWDP. excellent post James. :clap2:

mw6886
04-07-2007, 06:42 PM
So - now wait.

Are the TU rods Carillo or K1?
Are the FWD rods Carillo or K1?

I know it is all now the same company, but I feel that FWD is saying their rods are Carillo and the TU ones are K1?

I'm not trying to light a fire here. Just want some clarification. :)

Frank
04-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Further discussion about rods is general... aka not specific to this Vendor's offerings, should be posted here. I have moved some posts there already.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13500