PDA

View Full Version : no codes?

4cfed
04-03-2007, 01:42 AM
am idoing something wrong here or what???.... checked my codes last week came up with coolant temp sencor(i unplugged it to make sure fan worked) and over boost (adjusting g valve).... i went to check them today after racing someone just to see if anything came up..

Shut the car off.. turned key on off on off on ... no CEL ... tryed again ... nothing.... im at a lose

cordes
04-03-2007, 01:45 AM
You at least got a code 55 right?

4cfed
04-03-2007, 01:54 AM
nope.. when i checked them last week i got a 55.. didntget the end codes code... . will it not throw cel right after the car is shut off???.. hmmm car has been off for 8 hours now im gonna go see if it gives me anything

cordes
04-03-2007, 01:56 AM
It should give a code 55 when the key is turned forward 3 times as you describe. Does your power loss/check engine light still come on right when you start the car? It could be a burned out bulb.

4cfed
04-03-2007, 01:56 AM
nothing!! no cel light wehn iturn the key on at all... WTF is goin on here??

Tony Hanna
04-03-2007, 03:38 AM
nothing!! no cel light wehn iturn the key on at all... WTF is goin on here??

Cel bulb burned out or bad connection maybe?

Clay
04-03-2007, 08:19 AM
I had a LM do that...... it was problematic from day 1, and this signified its death. ;)

But, check bulb, and connections first.

Anonymous_User
04-03-2007, 08:24 AM
I had a LM do that...... it was problematic from day 1, and this signified its death.

But, check bulb, and connections first.

+1

I had to replace an LM shortly after this started happening.

4cfed
04-03-2007, 01:45 PM
ok.. ill try to check the bulb today.... like i said it worked last week than i just noticed it wasnt working yesterday.. i have no had the gauges out or anything so i dont see how a connector could have came loose.. hopefully its just the bulb

Tony Hanna
04-03-2007, 01:52 PM
i have no had the gauges out or anything so i dont see how a connector could have came loose.. hopefully its just the bulb

Well, when I said loose connection earlier, I wasn't being very specific. What I was getting at was a bad connection between the bulb and socket. The instrument lights in my truck are like that. Some of them work all the time, but others come on or go off when you hit a bump. Maybe the same thing happened with your cel.

4cfed
04-03-2007, 01:55 PM
hmmmmm... ill check that to... i just hope its not something with the ecu... i dont have the money for a cal right now