PDA

View Full Version : lowest milage whittier car

cordes
04-01-2007, 11:32 AM
The GNX thread got me thinking. I have seen TTAs, GNs, GNXs that all have had virtually no miles on them. I know of a guy who trailered a mustang cobra-R home never to be driven again.

Did anyone take a shelby car and store it straight off the truck? The only one I can think of is that CSXT that had very few miles on it, but didn't that car have some front end damage too?

87glhs232
04-01-2007, 11:39 AM
First one that came to mind is Carroll's #1 GLHS.

cordes
04-01-2007, 11:42 AM
First one that came to mind is Carroll's #1 GLHS.

That is a good point. I guess I would equate that to GNX #1 though which is in a museum somewhere with no miles on it from what I have heard. I guess I should have stipulated that the car was sold to a member of the general public.

Marcus86GLHS
04-01-2007, 11:55 AM
yead David L. out here in MA just grabbed that CSXT with super low mileage, i cant remember the exact figure wasnt it somewhere around 1,500 miles on it? [David chime in here if you dont mind]

that would be the lowest whittier TD car i ever heard of. Dominic Papa of New Britian CT has '86 GLHS 015 with 5,734 miles on it. I think he also owns an '89 CSX with even less.

TurboRon25
04-01-2007, 12:36 PM
How about the guy that bought the last IROC R/T. I thought he had other notable cars, ie. SVO Mustang, with just off the transporter mileage.
I've seen pix of an 87 CSX in someone's house. I don't know if it was the same guy, but I'm pretty sure that I could count the miles on it without taking my pants off.

Ron

Whorse
04-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Wasn't there a dealership that kept an 89CSX and a Shelby Lancer, both in Red? I see them on ebay once in a while for about 20 thousand.

Directconnection
04-01-2007, 01:21 PM
How about the guy that bought the last IROC R/T. I thought he had other notable cars, ie. SVO Mustang, with just off the transporter mileage.
I've seen pix of an 87 CSX in someone's house. I don't know if it was the same guy, but I'm pretty sure that I could count the miles on it without taking my pants off.

Ron

Yes, same guy. He has an iroc r/t, svo mustang, csx, etc...with a house built around them.

Directconnection
04-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Wasn't there a dealership that kept an 89CSX and a Shelby Lancer, both in Red? I see them on ebay once in a while for about 20 thousand.

Yup. They also have an iroc r/t in green and supposedly a GLHS that was seen in the back in one of their pics that was never advertised...yet. Gessewin Motors or something like that.

GLHS592
04-01-2007, 01:23 PM
That guy was in Up Front a couple or so years ago. He had a few whittier cars and a few SVO/SVT Mustangs. They were all low mileage. Seems like the '95 Cobra R still had all the plastic and zero miles. I'll see if I can find that issue.

looneytuner
04-01-2007, 02:00 PM
87 SL still at the dealer in ND with ZERO miles? It hits ebay a few times per year.

Mario
04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm on both sides of the fence on this sort of thing. I'd like to have one that sits there and looks pretty but at the same time I want to beat the living hell out of it like it's meant to be driven, then go back home, clean everything to a t and fix anything I broke.

mo' parts
04-01-2007, 06:49 PM
^^ exactly
an item that is meant to be used, and is not used, is usless. well, most of the time.:)

Tony Fields
04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
That guy was in Up Front a couple or so years ago. He had a few whittier cars and a few SVO/SVT Mustangs. They were all low mileage. Seems like the '95 Cobra R still had all the plastic and zero miles. I'll see if I can find that issue.

His name is Gerry..here's his list:

'87 Charger GLH-S, bought new, 5200 miles, #995
'87 Shadow CSX, bought new, 8300 miles, #305
'89 Shadow CSX-VNT, 1 of 17, 50's/Recaro's, bought new, 774 miles
'90 Daytona Shelby VNT, white, red cloth, louvers, alarm
'92 Daytona Shelby IROC, 1 of 230, red, Chrsyler exec car, 2.5 Turbo I,
sunroof
'93 Daytona IROC/RT, last one built, green, unprepped, nine miles, bought
new
'84 Mustang SVO, silver, bought new, 8162 miles
'84 Mustang SVO, 9974 miles, grey, Detroit Grand Prix pace car
'85.5 Mustang SVO, comp prep option, 1 of 10, red, 548 miles
'86 Mustang SVO, last one built, three miles, unprepped
'95 Mustang Cobra R, 1 of 250, white, bought new, 6 miles
'03 Mustang Mach One, bought new, blue, 30 miles

Daily Driver? '03 SVT Focus, orange, bought new...or my cannondale bike!

CSXT802
04-01-2007, 07:10 PM
The GNX thread got me thinking. I have seen TTAs, GNs, GNXs that all have had virtually no miles on them. I know of a guy who trailered a mustang cobra-R home never to be driven again.

Did anyone take a shelby car and store it straight off the truck? The only one I can think of is that CSXT that had very few miles on it, but didn't that car have some front end damage too?

I would beat that GNX like it owes me money. I enjoy driving my cars and trucks. Don't get me wrong they are nice to look at (for a few minutes) but then it's time to grab the wheel and crack the whip.!!!:eyebrows:

Directconnection
04-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Why beat on a survivor car? What purpose does that serve? Why not have one that is resto in cherry shape to beat on?

Remember this: when it comes to automotive history like a GNX... something is only virgin ONCE! Ruin it and that history is gone forever. Someone can restore a car better than new for the most part, it's historical contribution shouldn't be altered. Cars are a big part of Americana.

CSXT802
04-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Why beat on a survivor car? What purpose does that serve? Why not have one that is resto in cherry shape to beat on?

Remember this: when it comes to automotive history like a GNX... something is only virgin ONCE! Ruin it and that history is gone forever. Someone can restore a car better than new for the most part, it's historical contribution shouldn't be altered. Cars are a big part of Americana.

I'm just bitter, I had a chance to drive GNX #317 when I worked at a Buick dealer in 1998. If I rember right it had just over 3000 miles on it. The owner (a doctor) wanted it serviced ( plugs ,wires, oil change) before he sold it.
I put the old plugs and wires back into the boxes and bagged them up for the new owner. I was about to take it off the lift when the service manager came over and told me there would be no test drive. He took the keys from me and pulled it out of the shop. My one chance taken from me.!! :mad:

roachjuice
06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
if a car was ment to just sit there it would have square tires. it's just a conversation piece. lame.

TopDollar69
06-13-2007, 09:01 PM
40 mile csx-vnt, and 40 mile Shelby Lancer. Both are at the bottom of the page.

http://www.gessweinmotors.com/classic.aspx

cordes
06-13-2007, 09:43 PM
40 mile csx-vnt, and 40 mile Shelby Lancer. Both are at the bottom of the page.

http://www.gessweinmotors.com/classic.aspx

wow, that is incredible.

rare_ram
06-13-2007, 10:36 PM
If the greenies have their way, we will all be just sitting in our garages staring at our cars and remembering when.

2.216VTurbo
06-14-2007, 10:41 AM
I talked to Gerry a few years ago, he told me in the custom house built around the cars that there is a car in EVERY room EXCEPT the bathroom and the kitchen:wow1:
His name is Gerry..here's his list:

'87 Charger GLH-S, bought new, 5200 miles, #995
'87 Shadow CSX, bought new, 8300 miles, #305
'89 Shadow CSX-VNT, 1 of 17, 50's/Recaro's, bought new, 774 miles
'90 Daytona Shelby VNT, white, red cloth, louvers, alarm
'92 Daytona Shelby IROC, 1 of 230, red, Chrsyler exec car, 2.5 Turbo I,
sunroof
'93 Daytona IROC/RT, last one built, green, unprepped, nine miles, bought
new
'84 Mustang SVO, silver, bought new, 8162 miles
'84 Mustang SVO, 9974 miles, grey, Detroit Grand Prix pace car
'85.5 Mustang SVO, comp prep option, 1 of 10, red, 548 miles
'86 Mustang SVO, last one built, three miles, unprepped
'95 Mustang Cobra R, 1 of 250, white, bought new, 6 miles
'03 Mustang Mach One, bought new, blue, 30 miles

Daily Driver? '03 SVT Focus, orange, bought new...or my cannondale bike!

cordes
06-14-2007, 10:50 AM
I talked to Gerry a few years ago, he told me in the custom house built around the cars that there is a car in EVERY room EXCEPT the bathroom and the kitchen:wow1:

That is pretty wild. I would love to have the cars, but a house built to display them in would be insane.

shrapnel
06-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Does Mr. Papa have a website? I live in Ct and have an 87 GLHS #0771. I would like to meet another GLHS owner, not too many around in my neck of the woods

DC Turismo
06-27-2007, 05:42 PM
The 40 mile CSX-VNT will be mine someday, hopefully a maximum "within three years plan".

The RAREST of the RARE Whittier cars is, hands down, the 88 CSX-T that was at the Mopar Nationals two years ago (I believe) that had LESS THAN 7,000 miles on the odometer. Less than 7,000 miles on the odometer of a rental car?! Talk about a $$$$ survivor! I will look to try and find pics. of it.

ShelbyMotorsports
06-27-2007, 07:03 PM
The 40 mile CSX-VNT will be mine someday, hopefully a maximum "within three years plan".

The RAREST of the RARE Whittier cars is, hands down, the 88 CSX-T that was at the Mopar Nationals two years ago (I believe) that had LESS THAN 7,000 miles on the odometer. Less than 7,000 miles on the odometer of a rental car?! Talk about a $$$$ survivor! I will look to try and find pics. of it.

Is that the CSX-T that was on ebay awhile back? You know the one that the seller claimed some story of it being wrecked and how the owner after it was repaired took it out of service because it was too powerful?

Found one of the threads on it:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8511

ShelbyMotorsports
06-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Here is the main thread:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5896

DC Turismo
06-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Eh not sure, this car was at the Mopar Nats and looked mint in my opinion. Did not notice things like strut bolts being mismatched and anything with the rad. support.

Having some trouble finding the pics. because they are on the tower of our old computer which is all unhooked right now. As soon as I can get it hooked up I'll check into it, pics. of it have to be on there.