PDA

View Full Version : T3/T4 46 trim :)

Mario_V
03-31-2007, 02:18 PM
First of all thanks to TU for their great service!

I friend just installed the hybrid turbo we ordered from TU on my 2.5 automatic Phantom and I´m very happy with the results.

A few months back I was asking for advice here at turbo-mopar regarding a turbo for hi altitude use, I was told that a super 60 will be fine, so I bought a slightly used Turbonetics super 60 that failed in the first 2 weeks of use :(.

My car spooled it super slow with the .63 ex housing, however with the .48 ex housing spool time was reduced dramatically. This got me thinking that I might get away with one of the smaller hybrids. Turbo-lag has always been a big concern for me here in Mexico city at 7000ft of altitiude so it was decided to go with a T3/T4 (e) with .48 ex housing, stage 1 turbine wheel, .60 compressor housing and a 46 trim compressor wheel, it has the quick spool option too. I had the 2.5" Turbonetics swingvalve so I used it instead of the 2.25" that the turbo had (I hope 3" swingvalves will be available soon). Installation was kind of difficult without removing the head, but my friend -airplane mechanic- managed it very well.

I left the boost at 15psi. Spool time is great, I can see about 7psi at 2500rpm! my impression is that it spools faster than the super 60 I had wich started building boost at 2800rpm. On upper revs it responds very strong, how ever some further tunning might be required as ai see 10.5 on the wideband. I really like the turbo. I have the .63 exhaust housing that I might try in the future.

Thanks again TU and Turbo-Mopar!

turbovanman²
04-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Thats awesome, glad to hear it worked out, :thumb: