PDA

View Full Version : Whats my car worth

WickedShelby88
03-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Well I've got an 89 Lebaron GTC as my info states. Its got roughly 75k on it. I'm not sure exactly because the odo. gear hasn't been replaced yet. The body is rust free, but its got clear coat gone on the top and some rock chips up front. A/C has been converted to 134a and has new compressor. Interior is in very good condition with the exception of a sagging headliner. Its gray leather with all the options. Has navigator and overhead console. Infinity cd player installed with all working speakers. Suspension is tight with the exception of the strut mounts in the front. Basically you get the idea. Nice car for its age. I'm just curious what this car is worth in the eyes of the mopar enthusiast. My guess would be 1500-2000. I don't really plan on selling it any time soon if ever. Even if I did it seems like no one is buying lebarons right now. I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I thought I'd throw this out there since its been on my mind.

Thanks, Joseph

mcsvt
03-28-2007, 01:52 PM
I'd say your range is about what I would pay. It may be worth more to others in it's condition. I have realized that I am a cheap bastard lately though... so take my opinion for what it's worth :)

Turbodave
03-28-2007, 03:35 PM
I think your right in the ballpark on your value guestimation, I would probably add $500 to the value if it was a TII intercooled car.

Birddog
03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
I'd probably pay 1500 or so.. I like the coupes, If I were to get rid of the Omni that's probably the one I'd look for.. Not that I've been looking or anything:rolleyes:

Polygon
03-28-2007, 06:35 PM
That's about what I'd pay for a TI GTC.

WickedShelby88
03-29-2007, 02:14 AM
Thinks for your input guys. I guess the next step besides fixing the little things will be intercooling, +20's, and an OBX. Heck, maybe even a hybrid setup. Either way sounds like I'm on the path to having a 2500 dollar car. Not bad for something from 89.

Dodge Aries K
03-29-2007, 07:41 AM
I know EXACTLY what that LeBaron is worth!
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/teamaenoy/zoo.jpg
One beat to snot 86 Daytona C/S t-top car and one 94 3.0 Voyager ;)
Neither of those are actual pictures, the Tona is a LOT worse and I don't have half a minivan sitting in my yard.

bobr19
03-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Hey Joseph , what you been up to--as far as the car it depends on the buyer--I've come to realize I'm a cheap bugger too--in fact I bought a 88 Turbo New Yorker with 89,000 actual miles--guy still had the window sticker where it was bought new--a little over $21.000--power everything--all leather and every option available--I gave $150.00 and drove it 20 miles home--car had 2 problems--no door would open from the outside and it would just quit at times--might restart in 5 minutes or next day, you guessed it distributor pick up--needed tires and brakes but its almost like new again--so again guess it depends on buyer but your range seems fair for a non cheapskate:D ---Bob

Birddog
03-29-2007, 07:01 PM
I know EXACTLY what that LeBaron is worth!
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/teamaenoy/zoo.jpg
One beat to snot 86 Daytona C/S t-top car and one 94 3.0 Voyager ;)
Neither of those are actual pictures, the Tona is a LOT worse and I don't have half a minivan sitting in my yard.

:lol: :lol:

WickedShelby88
03-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Hey Bob, funny thing you mentioned an 88 yorker. I have one sitting in my garage for some reason that was purchased for a similar price. Its got one blown to smithereens head gasket and a wasted drivers side hub bearing. Best part is the coolant drain system via the tail pipe:thumb: Guess the poor baron isn't worth much to some of our viewers;)

Dodge Aries K
03-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I bought that Yorker for 150 bux... but it's NO BUENO.

I wanted to drive it, but didn't have time to fix it right. :(