PDA

View Full Version : Willem Burner Q's (Hex Offset?)

powermaxx
03-28-2007, 09:09 AM
(Mods please move if not in the right section :thumb: )

Did my first burn last night after some fiddling with things for awhile. Seems to have worked at least I can read stuff off the new chip. Nothing special just one of the normal T2/CSX cal stuff for starters.

So I see this little window in the lower right side of the screen. I remember a couple of threads that said something about an offset (C000 is what I found). Tried it with and without this offset. With offset if kept adding two zeros in front (00C000) and then would give me an error message after writing. When I read the chip back it reads okay.

So what did I do and do I need to do it at all? (87 LM chip is a 27C128).

(Gawd, I hate being a "Noob" but we all have to go thru it once!)

lametec
03-28-2007, 09:45 AM
I don't believe you need an offset using a 27C128 in an LM. The LM bin files are 16k, which is also the size of the 27C128. You only need to use an offset if you're burning a bin onto a chip that's bigger than the image. Entering an offset when burning a 16k image onto a 16k chip would cause the end of the bin image to be cut off (which is why you get errors).

In my case, I use 27C512's for my SMEC, and I burn at offset $8000.

Murphy
03-28-2007, 09:56 AM
I think I used to burn at a C000 offset, but that was because i was using a 512 chip in a LM. I don't think you need to burn at an offset....if it works without the offset, then you shouldn't need one

powermaxx
03-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Makes sense! 16k to 16k = no offset.

I'll try out my new cal tonight in the Shelby Z.

THX!!! :thumb:

cordes
03-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Makes sense! 16k to 16k = no offset.

I'll try out my new cal tonight in the Shelby Z.

THX!!! :thumb:

Yeah, that should do it. You only need to adjust the offset when burning a cal smaller than the size of the chip as others have stated.