PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Van vs Turbo Eclipse

Dave
03-28-2007, 12:39 AM
I went out in the van today jsut cruising around looking for a race with my friend. While shopping for a car to race in the local Target parking lot I see a nice maroon '96 Eclipse with a huge exhaust and a fart can. I intimidate him a little with a free rev and I'm welcomed on by a free rev and an RFL from his car. :D Coool... After toying with him in the parking lot a bit we get onto the road and both of us gun it. I took forever to spool but by the time he was to my door I started walking away a tad.

Next light I get over for him and start asking him about it. Apparently it's a FWD, 5spd. He's got a full 3" DP back, 15psi, and an intake. We take off and he spins like crazy, and I surprisingly get a good launch for going up a hill. It was short lived because we got caught again at the next light. He asked me if I wanted to try again and I agreed. Light turns green and he bogged wildly, I overshift from 1st to 3rd. :banghead: But he never catches me.

Next race, we went from about 35mph, which equaled sweet spool time for me. I give the 3 honks and he immediately grabs me in, I pull down 2nd and walk away a bit, he started pulling me in slightly, bring down 3rd and shut it down. Well he managed to put a half length on me.

We still continued to dick around a bit after that. But we both pulled into Starbucks and chatted away about everything. I found it funny that he said he heard some BOV and looks back and sees what he thought an intercooler. He said it was so big that he had to take a double look to make sure it wasn't a huge radiator. Guy was very excited about the van, thought it to be the most awesome thing ever. :nod:

I love vans. :evil:

overlordsshadow
03-28-2007, 12:49 AM
Great story man. Inspires us all and reminds us that there are some nice rice cars and nice rice drivers. Can't wait to get the shadow going again and ride on intimidation lane!

Mike_Shepard
03-28-2007, 01:01 AM
great story Bryan

Dave
03-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Thanks guys. I cannot wait until I get all my parts installed on the van soon. I'd really like to see this thing beat on something serious out there.