PDA

View Full Version : T3 set up with questions

jaysshelby
03-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Ok everyone I have limited knowledge on the 16 valve specs. i am toying with the idea of going 16 valve in my Rampage project. here is what I have a 92 complete T3 head, intake, exh. manifold with turbo and all related pulleys and such. I have a set of T3 pistons also. the block is a 90 2.5 common block. now the Rampage has a manual rack and I was looking at the serpentine belt layout and I can ditch the whole set up and use a non T3 crank pulley water pump and alternator. my question is the pistons. will these work in the 2.5 block? I also plan to use a custom intake to keep the dist. let me know if I am thinking about this correctly.

iTurbo
03-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Sounds like you've given it a lot of thought and have most of your bases covered. I am also converting a car to TIII, but I'm going to be using the serpentine belt setup and distributorless electronics for mine.

About the pistons, yes they will work with your '90 2.5 block, but they will not work with a 2.5L crank. You'll need to find a 2.2L commonblock crankshaft and then you'll be good to go. Same rods should work either way (2.2L or 2.5L). Good luck and let us know how it goes!