PDA

View Full Version : TURBOS UNLEASHED experience

MoparBruce
03-27-2007, 01:06 PM

1/4: 0.000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In April of '06 I drove to Phoenix from Dallas to have my leaking Garrett turbocharger replaced by Chris Wright of TURBOS UNLEASHED. The experience was so positive that I chose to return to Phoenix in February of '07 to have my entire 135 CID 2.2L 4 5-speed w/Turbo II engine replaced by Chris rather than seek a closer (Houston) option.
Chris' innovative ideas and mechanical expertise were crucial in giving me the confidence to use him for my engine replacement. He did a complete performance engine rebuild including forged pistons; a performance cylinder head package install; he replaced the transmission seals, installed a new kevlar clutch, resurfaced the flywheel and removed and reinstalled the engine and transmission.
Chris suggested converting to a 3" exhaust system to improve my gas mileage, which proved to be correct! Now I have virtually no back pressure
and a much smoother ride.
He was always answering my questions and went above the call of duty to
make sure the smallest details were explained and professionally covered. I would not hesitate to recommend him for his product knowledge, hospitality and willingness to make sure his customer gets the best possible job done.
And there wasn't a shade tree in sight!
This car is an '89 LeBaron which I am trying to restore, piece-by-piece, because I have no car payments and want it to last for a long time. It's a 5-speed convertible which is very collectible and worth keeping on the road. I'm new to the Mopar post site - please excuse the lack of information. If anyone in the Irving,TX area wants to see the engine Chris built and installed,
e-mail me @ <mooseisloose44@verizon.net>.
I'd be happy to arrange a viewing of his work.
Bruce G.
Irving, TX

Turbodave
03-27-2007, 02:22 PM
This car is an '89 LeBaron which I am trying to restore, piece-by-piece, because I have no car payments and want it to last for a long time. It's a 5-speed convertible which is very collectible and worth keeping on the road. I'm new to the Mopar post site - please excuse the lack of information. If anyone in the Irving,TX area wants to see the engine Chris built and installed,
e-mail me @ <mooseisloose44@verizon.net>.
I'd be happy to arrange a viewing of his work.
Bruce G.
Irving, TX

Welcome Bruce, glad to hear you had a good experience with TU, they've always treated me right as well. Also welcome to the forum, it sounds like you've got a cool ride and will fit right in here. I think we all would love to see pictures of the car and the engine.

turbovanmanČ
03-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Glad to hear our vendors stepping it up, :thumb:

"Top Fuel" Bender
03-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Oh great another Bruce :lol:
Just kidding
Welcome aboard
And yes Cris and the crew are great