PDA

View Full Version : 87 Shebly Lancer Auto ECU?

jonnyb
03-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Anyone have the 87 SL Auto ECU .bin file? I have a friend using the glhs stage 2 and it's causing problems at idle while in drive (it's doing a computer controlled version of a powerbrake!) so I was hoping to grab a stock SL auto .bin and just bump up the boost a bit for him.

I'd be willing to trade socketing of a stock SL ecu for this cal - I'll pull the chip and pull the code off of it, then socket the board and either put the stock chip back in or a modified cal of your choice.

The original SL Auto ECU is part#4467414.

Thanks,

Jon

mw6886
03-26-2007, 04:11 PM
That cal wont work in the 86 GLHS computer. Its based on 87, only on chip, and is coded very differently than the 86. The 86 uses a 2 chip setup.

jonnyb
03-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, actually it should work - it's an 87 board and has the componants to run t2 stuff. I'll just have to replace the 2 chip glhs setup with the larger c128 single chip and throw on the SL .bin file.

Mike - you're the one who actually pointed this out to me and sent me pics of how to identify this on the board :thumb:

mw6886
03-27-2007, 08:45 AM
The 87 GLHS still uses 86 electronics. There really is no way to make the 87 SL code work on any of the GLHS computers without some major modification.

Now, it is possible to mod the GLHS code to work properly with the auto. That really shouldn't be too difficult.

jonnyb
03-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Isn't it just something like switching 3 or 4 pins around on the red/blue LM connectors to make the SL/CSX/Daytona T2 LM work in a glhs? If so, then why couldn't I just burn the SL cal to the spare 87 daytona LM that I have and switch the wires around?

I'm open to suggestions though, so if you think it's easier to change the glhs code, give me a hint as to what needs to be changed. I'm not really familiar with LM code at all - I've done quite a bit with SMEC and SBEC, but almost nothing with LM's. I know in the SMEC and SBEC there are a bunch of routines that check for an auto tranny and I think that they're based on one bit that is set which indicates Auto/Stick. I've never really dug into the code to really determine if it's as easy as switching that bit to make a stick cal into an auto cal.

Is there something like this in the glhs codebase? If there is, could you point me towards it?

Thanks,

Jon

mw6886
03-27-2007, 04:00 PM
I would advise you did the switchover to the 87 LM. Much nicer setup, and much easier to modify, and you can then just use the 87 SL code.