PDA

View Full Version : My new custom valve cover!!!!!!

86Shelby
03-25-2007, 02:38 AM
I've been sitting on this idea for quite a while and finally got around to doing it. After a lot of very, very tedious work it all came together tonight. I'm pretty happy with the results to say the least!

Yes, it's the real deal.

No, it's not like the factory intended....but they should have.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/IMG_0344.jpg

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/IMG_0347.jpg

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/IMG_0343.jpg

Thank you, Adam for the use of the stove today!!!:nod:

Lotashelbys
03-25-2007, 03:30 AM
Thats pretty kick a$$ man! What did you do CNC cut out the letters and epoxy them on? Also what did you use for the wrinkle red paint?

P.S. I will take a few Iroc R/T ones to go with that:D

Marcus86GLHS
03-25-2007, 05:39 AM
very well engineered, looks great.

BIG PSI
03-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Very NICE, I like what you did. Now can IU see what they are going on ???

Chuck

D1A8J
03-25-2007, 08:32 AM
u should sell me those !!!

or make another set for me to buy

mpgmike
03-25-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm impressed, and I'm seldom impressed enough to post and tell people so. Please elaborate on how you did it. You got my "Man-o-da-month" award nomination.

Mike

iTurbo
03-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Very nice!

turbovanmanČ
03-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Thats awesome, looks factory. :partywoot:

I want one that says Minivan or Caravan R/T DOHC 16 valve, :lol:

Whorse
03-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Caravan R/T? Yours could say...Caravan PFI (Parked - Fixing Indefinitely) hehe.

I think Caravan R/T would be super sweet on a VC for sure, and I think that Spirit R/T VC is the nicest custom cover I've seen for our cars yet!!

Turbodave
03-25-2007, 03:43 PM
That looks incedible Ray, I want a set.

mcsvt
03-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Great work! Can we have an updated pic with them installed when that happens? :)

turbovanmanČ
03-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Caravan R/T? Yours could say...Caravan PFI (Parked - Fixing Indefinitely) hehe.
!!

I guess we could have matching VC's, :lol:

WVRampage
03-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I want to know how you did it cause that looks great.

yogurt_slinger
03-25-2007, 08:52 PM
I just messed myself:o

that is freaking spectacular. awesome job.:thumb:

forcedfedmopar
03-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Your right you do suck at secrets. So when do you want me to drop off my v/c?

86Shelby
03-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments. It was actually very time consuming to do this. After I add up the time to do the design research, artwork, bead blasting, polishing, cleaning, solving various problems along the way, etc I've probably got an easy 20-25 hours into it all said and done.

Thats pretty kick a$$ man! What did you do CNC cut out the letters and epoxy them on? Also what did you use for the wrinkle red paint?

P.S. I will take a few Iroc R/T ones to go with that:D

I found some wrinkle red at a local parts store. I had called almost all of them, but decided to stop in at one on a whim. Whatdya know, they had 2 cans on the shelf.:)

We can probably work something out for some IROC R/T sets.

Very NICE, I like what you did. Now can IU see what they are going on ???

Chuck
Absolutely, this pic is from SDAC15. Currently it's not too pretty in the garage all torn apart.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/SDAC15.jpg

u should sell me those !!!

or make another set for me to buy

I'll pass on selling this pair, although I am looking at doing a few more sets. I have 3 more sets of letters, but only one more valve cover.....

Your right you do suck at secrets.

I honestly had pretty much given up on finding paint any time soon in town. I had planned on another week or 2 at least before I'd be finished.

Lotashelbys
03-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I'll pass on selling this pair, although I am looking at doing a few more sets. I have 3 more sets of letters, but only one more valve cover.....
What would you like to get for a set of letters? I have quite a few spare Dodge covers that are pretty boring:D

Also,next time you make a set of letters you should angle the sides just a touch to make them look like they were cast on that way from the factory. You know what I mean?

A set of Chrysler Lotus letters would be sweet also:eyebrows:

86Shelby
03-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Also,next time you make a set of letters you should angle the sides just a touch to make them look like they were cast on that way from the factory. You know what I mean?

A set of Chrysler Lotus letters would be sweet also:eyebrows:

Any more that I make will have the letters angled out like you mentioned. I seriously doubt I'll do any factory reproductions; just not interested.

turbovanmanČ
03-26-2007, 02:30 PM
If you could make up letters, I could do my own, :thumb: