PDA

View Full Version : Not a TM but HELP!!!!

Hooty
03-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Okay,

So on my 1996 ford thunderbird, I can't seem to get any headlights on when you turn the switch on. It does have the auto headlights option as well (always turned off) So what works:
1. High beam if you pull the switch back for temporary on, pushing forward does not illuminate the lights
2. Hazards Work, Turn signals don't
3. Brake lights work.
4. Bulbs look just fine, no apparent failures in either bulb.

I have checked all of the fuses, high voltage and regular, that have anything to do with lighting. Nothing is out of the ordinary in terms of fuses. Nothing was blown. This leaves me with a few options.

1. the switch
2. the multifunction switch in the stearing column.
3. Electrical gremlins trying to have fun.

Any suggestions (Parts aren't cheap. The regular switch is at least 63 bucks from what I have seen). HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!

-Will

mark
03-24-2007, 02:57 PM
or a fusable link/ground is out.

Hooty
03-24-2007, 05:18 PM
well, after a few checks, I don't *see* anything amiss in the grounds or wiring, but I could be wrong. Now to convince others that I can't be out after dark now...

jre97
03-24-2007, 08:19 PM
I had the same problem on my old taurus it was the ground that comes off the battery and went straight to the core support. Could also be the DRL module
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86864&highlight=headlights It's a somewhat related thread but it's all that i could come up with on a quick search. You could post your question there i used to be into the supercharged fords.

Hooty
03-25-2007, 03:11 PM
turns out it was a multifunction switch. Just replaced it. It works beautifully now.