PDA

View Full Version : Where to order replacement bearings?

jckrieger
01-24-2006, 03:10 PM
I need new journal bearings, a 360 degree thrust bearing with a dynamic oil seal, and a new oil seal on the turbine side for my hybrid turbo... the problem being nobody wants to sell me the parts! The shops around here just exchange turbochargers and TU doesn't sell parts. Does anyone know where I can get parts for my hybrid?

cordes
01-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Try www.turbocity.com

jckrieger
01-24-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm currently waiting for a call back from Precision Turbo in Indiana... they're a Garrett master distributor.

Turbocity sells complete rebuild kits, but the prices are a little rediculous. I paid around $75 for a complete rebuild kit from Turbonetics a while back. I won't order from them again due to the fact they can never get the parts correct the first time and they never refunded my money for the returned parts. They have the worst customer service on the planet!

cordes
01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
I did not know that precision sold rebuild kits and what not. Thanks for the tip.

jckrieger
01-24-2006, 04:44 PM
ATP turbos gave me a price of $550 for a dual ball bearing center section with both wheels.... I'm following up on that deal!

jckrieger
01-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Turns out they gave me a bad quote, but to make up for the mistake they'll let a 60 trim TO4E compressor/stage 3 turbine dual ball bearing section go for $636. Still not a bad deal considering this would probably be the last turbo I'd have to buy.

I'll be contacting Precision turbo in the morning about the bearings, seems like they might be the place to go for turbine housings since they build them in house! Of course, we'd have to adapt to the standard T3 flange..

jckrieger
01-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Precision's *retail* price on a Garrett rebuild kit with the 360 degree thrust bearing is $125. Not the best price on the planet, but it's not bad either. We'll see tomorrow if they actually sent me what I ordered.

Does anyone know the difference in durability between the brass thrust bearing and the nickel/stainless steel thrust bearing? I've seen both for the 270 degree thrust bearings, but it looks like the 360 is only available in brass.

cordes
01-26-2006, 12:47 AM
IIRC, the guys over on turboford.org were all about the precision turbos with the 360* thrust bearing.

BadAssPerformance
01-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Turns out they gave me a bad quote, but to make up for the mistake they'll let a 60 trim TO4E compressor/stage 3 turbine dual ball bearing section go for $636. Still not a bad deal considering this would probably be the last turbo I'd have to buy.

I'll be contacting Precision turbo in the morning about the bearings, seems like they might be the place to go for turbine housings since they build them in house! Of course, we'd have to adapt to the standard T3 flange..

I might have a .48 A/R Stage 3 Chrysler flange turbine housing lying around...