PDA

View Full Version : OBX LSD Introductory Offer $400.

Chris W
03-23-2007, 06:16 PM
We are proud to announce that we are now offering a cost effective solution to aftermarket limited slip differentials. We will be offering these units at the introductory price of $400. for a VERY short period of time. As with all of our Introductory offers, there will be NO rainchecks.

Thanks for your continued support!

Chris-TU

tryingbe
03-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Too bad you weren't selling these two months ago.

I would also suggest to buy the washers AND nine new bolts for the unit. Some of those bolts are over torqued and the threads are rounded off. At least that's what happened to my OBX.

shelby zed
03-23-2007, 10:42 PM
damn damn damn, i hope this is still on when ihave money

Jackrabbit
03-23-2007, 11:00 PM
What all transmissions will this one fit?

turbovanmanČ
03-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Are you doing some spacers for the A413's, ;)

What all transmissions will this one fit?

A413 with a spacer, 568 with a gearset and mainshaft change, 523 drop in. 555 and 520 can't remember.

Mario
03-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Are you doing some spacers for the A413's, ;)

A413 with a spacer, 568 with a gearset and mainshaft change, 523 drop in. 555 and 520 can't remember.

PM me if you'd like on the topic, but what gearset and mainshaft do you need to run it in a A-568.

tryingbe
03-24-2007, 01:09 AM
You need the A523 intermiate shaft and ring gear to work with A568.
You need the A520 intermiate shaft and ring gear to work with A555.

turbovanmanČ
03-24-2007, 03:48 AM
You need the A523 intermiate shaft and ring gear to work with A568.
You need the A520 intermiate shaft and ring gear to work with A555.

Thankyou, :thumb:

GLHSKEN
03-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Sweet it's a perfect hybrid trans set-up

tryingbe
03-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Thankyou, :thumb:

Somebody needs to write up a FAQ about what tranmission can use OBX LSD on...

8valves
03-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Chris, you know I'm taking one!

2.216VTurbo
03-24-2007, 12:29 PM
The 523/OBX works so well in my TC Masi, that I'll be pulling the 568 out of the Rampage and going with another 523/OBX when the new 16V motor is ready. I haven't really beat it that hard in the TC (the clutch won't tollerate strip style launches) but the TC is heavier than every other non Minivan TD and the OBX has lived thru enough wheelspin to roast down a set of Kumo ECSTA's in less than 8K miles. Burnouts rock:rockon:

turbovanmanČ
03-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Somebody needs to write up a FAQ about what tranmission can use OBX LSD on...

Chris Ramsdel has done it, its either already in the KC center or about to be, :thumb:

Vigo
03-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Chris, pmed you like an hour after the thread was started, please rply ASAP so i can decide whether to get in.

89turbomini
03-24-2007, 04:01 PM
So this LSD will drop into a A-520

ShelbyMotorsports
03-24-2007, 04:05 PM

Travis

Was your signature pic done that way on purpose or is that just where the TM watermark landed? At first glance I thought you custom made a valve cover with the TM logo:p

Steve

PS-Sorry for the hijack Chris but it did move the thread back to the top :D

89turbomini
03-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Thats just where the watermark is

tryingbe
03-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Chris, pmed you like an hour after the thread was started, please rply ASAP so i can decide whether to get in.

Call him.

boost geek
03-24-2007, 09:47 PM

Yes, and it will look like this...
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/boostgeek/2005_0201OBX0011.jpg
Buying from Chris is better than Ebay, VALID warranty!:thumb:

Aries_Turbo
03-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Chris, you doing bolts for them too in addition to the washers?

thanks

Brian

daytonaturbo87
03-25-2007, 12:50 AM
finally available from a vendor, nice. I was very leery about the thought of sending some guy on ebay $400+.:thumb:

boost geek
03-25-2007, 01:01 AM
They work awesome, worth every nickel...:thumb:

turbovanmanČ
03-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Yep and even I can't break one, YET, :eyebrows: ;)

Will Martin
03-25-2007, 01:34 AM
A little "off topic."

Vendors should start offering a "Simon Guarantee." If a part can't be broken by Simon, it's deemed worthy to use on your car.

turbovanmanČ
03-25-2007, 01:37 AM
A little "off topic."

Vendors should start offering a "Simon Guarantee." If a part can't be broken by Simon, it's deemed worthy to use on your car.

Yep, and vendors should give me free parts to do torture testing, :thumb:

Chris W
03-25-2007, 03:10 AM
There were alot of questions posted about the applications of these LSD units, but, several of the board members have already stepped in and answered them for us. THANKS Guys!:thumb:

We appreciate everyone's posts and PM suggestions on what other supporting items we should add to our site. We had already decided to offer the 9 replacement bolts and they will be added to the OBX accessories section once we evaluate the samples we received from several of our suppliers.

The current introductory price on the LSD will be ending sometime next week and the price will return to $435. In the future we may be offering these LSD units pre-upgraded with the heavy-duty washers, replacement bolts and possibly bearings pressed on. They will be completed in house prior to shipping out and the installation cost will be added to the cost of the unit and accessories. If you still have a questions that may not have been already addressed in this thread please give us a call.

We appreciate your support!

Chris-TU
602-76-BOOST

lansingsportsrage
03-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Folks.. what does it take to get this OBX into a a413 ?

Let me rephrase.. I realize it takes some spacers and some elbow grease right ?

Tell you what.. who's interested in putting one of these together for me ?

Chris W
03-25-2007, 02:12 PM

We can do it. Contact us directly so we can go over your options.

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
03-25-2007, 02:20 PM

Search my name in the tranny section, I did a writeup on installing mine. :D

Turbozcs2003
03-26-2007, 10:14 AM
So can one purchase the OBX, and at same time get the washers and the allen cap bolts??

Why are the washers which come with the unit, not adequate?
I have read the threads and it sounds like it is a good idea to disassemble, chase the threads for the allen caps bolts, debur, wash and replace the Belville washers.

If the that is the case Chris when will you have the repalcement washers and good bolts?

Also does one have to shorten the passanger side axle 1/4" similair to what has to be done on the quaiffe??

http://www.hometown.aol.com/mopar1mad/quaife_axle.html

contraption22
03-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Damn, I would jump on this if I didn't have $500 tied up in concert tickets! lol

J/K Chris!

tryingbe
03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I have read the threads and it sounds like it is a good idea to disassemble, chase the threads for the allen caps bolts, debur, wash and replace the Belville washers.

You have to ask OBX why. One of the washer in my OBX LSD is not even a complete circle.

Good OBX info in here.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1752849&page=1
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6488

I tried to run a die through the bolts, the first one I did was ok, but 2 nd bolt was so trashed the die couldn't save it. I then decided it wasn't worth risking $20 in bolts for a $400 LSD AND have to take the tranny out and re-do everything.

lansingsportsrage
03-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Search my name in the tranny section, I did a writeup on installing mine. :D

Your write up is what scared me off into hiring someone else to do it !!

:bolt:

turbovanmanČ
03-26-2007, 05:06 PM
So can one purchase the OBX, and at same time get the washers and the allen cap bolts??

If the that is the case Chris when will you have the repalcement washers and good bolts?

Also does one have to shorten the passanger side axle 1/4" similair to what has to be done on the quaiffe??

Cheap washers, they just crack with limited use.

Your write up is what scared me off into hiring someone else to do it !!

:bolt:

Hahahaa, its not THAT bad, :wow1:

Heck, I even did it twice, :mecry:

boost geek
03-26-2007, 07:54 PM

I would never shorten an axle. Slide the drivers side axle in, loosen the four bolts off a couple turns on the passenger side bearing housing, slide the passenger side shaft in all the way, then tighten the four bolts.

Chris W
03-26-2007, 11:16 PM

We spoke with OBX at length about the washers. They don't feel there is an issue with their unit and hinted that it was a road terrain issue. At that point I felt it would be unproductive to bring up the bolt issue.

We currently have the washers in stock. As mentioned above, we are currently evaluating the bolts from several suppliers. We will make our decision on who we will purchase from once we determine who offers the highest quality product.

The axle does not need to be shortened with the OBX LSDs.

Hope that helps,

Chris-TU

Dave
03-26-2007, 11:40 PM
We spoke with OBX at length about the washers. They don't feel there is an issue with their unit and hinted that it was a road terrain issue. At that point I felt it would be unproductive to bring up the bolt issue.

We currently have the washers in stock. As mentioned above, we are currently evaluating the bolts from several suppliers. We will make our decision on who we will purchase from once we determine who offers the highest quality product.

The axle does not need to be shortened with the OBX LSDs.

Hope that helps,

Chris-TU

I'll be calling you on Monday for one, Chris. I'll also be buying many other things from you.

tryingbe
03-27-2007, 01:25 AM
If I was buying one, I'd call as earlier as I can can to take advantage of the $400 deal.

Once the price is gone, it is gone for good.

Chris W
03-27-2007, 04:51 AM
I'll be calling you on Monday for one, Chris. I'll also be buying many other things from you.

We look forward to it:thumb:

:welcome:

Chris-TU

PS- Sale ends Tuesday at midnite.

Dave
03-27-2007, 10:08 AM
We look forward to it:thumb:

:welcome:

Chris-TU

PS- Sale ends Tuesday at midnite.

That's Tuesday the 3rd, right?

Chris W
03-27-2007, 02:24 PM
That's Tuesday the 3rd, right?

The Introductory Sale ends tonight at midnight. I PM'd you.

Chris-TU

Ondonti
03-28-2007, 12:47 AM
The Introductory Sale ends tonight at midnight. I PM'd you.

Chris-TU I think you meant to say "ended" :P

what time is this based on?
Arizona?

Oh well I guess I am now an OBX owner.