PDA

View Full Version : Who is doing thier own cals?

cordes
12-21-2005, 01:21 AM
I have been reading quite a nit lately, and fooling around with chem. I think it will soon be time to see if my omni will run with a cal of my own design.

How are you coming with doing your own custom cals?

Una
12-21-2005, 02:12 AM
I've had good luck with my cals, all of my cars that run are running on them. Is that a Turbo Omni, or TBI? Nobody has done jack with the TBI cals, which is a shame..

Whorse
12-21-2005, 02:16 AM
What knowledge is required to tinker with this, and what kind of programming tools?

Is it a lot different for SMEC and SBEC?

ShelGame
12-21-2005, 10:08 AM
I am! Although, I have yet to run my car on one of my cals, I think there are several people who are running them...

ShelGame
12-21-2005, 10:09 AM
What knowledge is required to tinker with this, and what kind of programming tools?

Is it a lot different for SMEC and SBEC?

Start with www.moparchem.com and D-Cal on Yahoo groups.

Yes, the LM is very different from the SMEC/SBEC. But, the SMEC and SBEC are relatively similar as far as hardware and code.

cordes
12-21-2005, 11:56 AM
I've had good luck with my cals, all of my cars that run are running on them. Is that a Turbo Omni, or TBI? Nobody has done jack with the TBI cals, which is a shame..

My omni is a GLHT, but my roomate has a TBI shadow which I might toy with. He is pretty open to it as I helped him get the thing running again after he drove about 15mi. with no coolant in it.:rolleyes:

mw6886
12-21-2005, 12:00 PM
I do cals - for myself, and for others.

There is a lot to learn from D-Cal and Chem.

<M>

87glhs232
12-22-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm running my own (big thanks to UNA :thumb: ). Read, read, read chem and d-cal. Once you actually make a change to your cal, saying a little prayer may or may not help before firing it up :)

gkcooper
12-22-2005, 11:29 AM
I have been a lurker on D-Cal and Chem ever since they started. I have never taken it past the very first steps. I bought a '95 Dakota CB 5 sp. that I did some mods to and really need a cal done for it. I just don't have the time to commit to D-Cal myself. I already have a socketed SBEC which I did and I have already uploaded the bin to D-Cal. If someone wants to take a look at the code, please do. I have done a big-bore TBI throttle body (50mm stainless steel butterfly), slightly higher compression, flame propagation grooves in the combustion chambers, 2.5" exhaust, no catalyst, P4452763 cam, header wrap, ported & polished, 5/8" TBI spacer, dimple ported manifold floor, K&N air cleaner, and I am sure I have forgotten a few things.

If anyone wants to tinker with the code it would really help me out.

Greg K. Cooper
Huntsville, Alabama