PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Have To Do This

TurboII
03-21-2007, 09:56 AM
About a month in a half ago I redid the coolant change add a new stat and new heater hoses.

My question is about 3 weeks ago I noticed that my car was running hot and couldn't figure out why and everytime you shut the car off you'll hear bubbles on the over fill container. I couldnt figure out why, well it comes to find out the clamps got loose cause for HAHA's i checked them and i was right. Well three weeks later i Noticed my car is doing the same ---- again getting hot i wonder if the hose clamps got loose again is that common on new heater hoses/4 year old clamps could it be the clamps are looseing their holding power.

Turbodave
03-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Sometimes used clamps don't like to be re-used, and temperature changes can also effect the worm gear style clamps. A lot of the factory clamps are spring loaded for this reason.

However, getting hot and bubbling in the overflow are also common signs of a leaking headgasket...

TurboII
03-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Know its has nothing to with the head gasket caus ei replaced it last year. The clamps of mine get so loose air seeps in their the leak when you shut
the car off. And when the clamps are tighted back up Im golden

ShelbyMotorsports
03-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Be careful with the heater hose clamps at the heater core. If you tighten them too much you can deform the soft tubes and they will not make a good seal.

Why not spring for some new clamps? Only a few bucks and may prevent a radiator hose from popping off and dumping your coolant all over the place.

Also might want to flush the cooling system out. If there is a clog somehwere the water pump could be pressurizing some hoses more than normal as it pumps against the restriction (clog).

TurboII
03-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Its a brand new engine with less than 20,000 miles so it wouldnt be worth flushing it i change the fluid ever year and i will be getting some new clamps once i put the new turbo in and getting some new radiator hoses as well but yes i do know what your mean about the heater hoses but those are the once that got lose a little its the upper and lower ones that worry me