PDA

View Full Version : Idle quality

Anonymous_User
03-21-2007, 08:24 AM
My car idles like do-do now.

Since I put the revised cal in - when Chem2 was released - the idle quality really fell off.

As far as idle is concerned, it is just blueberry scaled to +40's. I have touched nothing else with any effect on the idle.

It's typical TD idle - smooth for a second, then A/F goes lean, miss-miss, A/F bounces back - smooth - repeat. It's just more pronounced now.

What can I tweak to try to get it to idle smoother?

Keito
03-21-2007, 08:33 AM
I don't know about custom cals, but when I changed my 02 sensor,
the idle really smoothed out.

Anonymous_User
03-21-2007, 08:44 AM
4-wire MOPAR O2 sensor less than a month old.

The idle quality DEFINITELY changed with Chem2. Nothing else was changed.

Dez
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't know about the blueberry, but when i scaled my cal for +40 injectors it did just that, however that was because i scaled them wrong. Rescaled them and idle was smooth.

Aries_Turbo
03-21-2007, 07:04 PM
did you use BB60 and match the calculated a/f curves? I have my custom BB60 based 2.5L cal and mine idles smooth as butter other than one small spot when its warming up (it wants more fuel verivied by my wideband).... I know my idle suffered when I had too much timing at low RPM (old custom cal timing tables...) when I backed the timing down to stock at idle RPM levels, it smoothed out drastically. it smoothed out even more when I set the fuel to the ChEM2 calculated fuel.

Brian

Anonymous_User
03-22-2007, 02:10 AM
Yes, BB60 with matched curves. Except at WOT - I've been leaning it a little past the curve. Idle is right on.

I'll have to take a close look at it this weekend. I'll check what timing it is trying to use at idle.