PDA

View Full Version : rampage bed cover

WVRampage
01-23-2006, 10:38 PM
anyone out there know of some one who makes a bed cover for a rampage.

Turbodave
01-30-2006, 11:24 PM
The factory used to offer a two piece plastic one, but they are hard to come by now. I've found a couple over the years, but most are warped or cracked bad enough that they can't be used.

I don't know of any companies currently making one, I would love to have one for my Rampage as well.

Phreakish
01-31-2006, 12:21 AM
I had a custom vinyl one made, snaps on and looks awesome... cost was about $80 at a good shop. I'd sell it, but I like my 'page too much ;)

Now if only it fit over the lips of the duraliner I scored...

WVRampage
01-31-2006, 01:39 AM
I had a custom vinyl one made, snaps on and looks awesome... cost was about $80 at a good shop. I'd sell it, but I like my 'page too much ;)

Now if only it fit over the lips of the duraliner I scored...

I had one made a few years back out of thin aluminum and it was held on with 6 dzus fasteners but over the years its starting to crack and Im wanting something beter. I was thinking of welding up a frame that fits in the bed with a hinge bolted to the back of the cab and that way it will lift up,so you can get suff in and out of the bed, after I started measuring I notesed I would have to make 2 frames up so that it doesnt hit the sides by the rear window,The frame was going to be covered with vinyl but im still not sure how Im going to do it. The frame would be made out of 1/2 inch steel tubing maby 2 gas shocks to lift it and maby 2 jeep hood latches to hold it closed mounted on the inside of the bed to the sides of the tail gate. Thanks for the input ill look around to a few vinyl shops and it i do just make up the frame and cover it ill send the pictures and any info i can to you guys.

2.216VTurbo
01-31-2006, 11:43 PM
Mine came with a fiberglass cover that has two big loop springs that connect to the cover and to a 'hinge pin' mounted on a bracket inside. It works pretty well but it doesn't lift very far for putting large objects into the bed.

The tag says Protect-O-Top, Sunnyvale, CA

I have a 'spare' but it is cracked and too big to ship anyway. Now if a local Rampage owner wants it...

Phreakish
02-01-2006, 12:01 AM
where are you in socal? I like to collect rampage bits... but I might have to sell mine soon to pay for school this summer :(

2.216VTurbo
02-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Orange County.

Funny thing is, the 'new' cover I have came from a yard in between Phoenix and Tucson (I bring tools when I travel on business ;-) and some Rampage fan had already gotten some parts from the truck. Might have been you? I wanted the rear glass (mine has a deep gouge I don't like) but was running late already:o

If you are keeping the truck, you're welcome to the cover...

WVRampage
02-05-2006, 11:37 PM
I got some 1/2 inch square steel tubing friday night and 4 2 inch steel hinges from lowes, theres a small frame up aganst the back of the cab thats about 8 inches long and the width of the bed. The rast of it is just boxed in right now I need to weld the 2 center suports in and then take the frame off weld the underside,grind it and sand it so it can be painted ill take pictures and post if I can. Then im geting a 4x10 sheet of aluminum from the local stock car shop(dirt track). The aluminum is going to get rivited to the frame and then painted so ill show you some pics when its done up, 2 jeep cj hood hold downs will hold it on the inside of the bed to open it the tail gate will have to be open.