PDA

View Full Version : H beam rods- thanks

GLHSKEN
03-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Ordered today. Looking forward to assembling the next engine. Ahh it was nice to actually get a tax refund this year...

8valves
03-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Oh man, you reminded me about taxes. I hate doing mine now, since I have residency in MI but pay in Ohio as well... it's a nightmare! It's probably not as bad as I make it out to be, but I really do hate it. Problem is with the income level I'm at to pay someone to do it you lose like half your refund!!

Anywho, you'll love them when you get to see them, and a 100 gram weight loss off each rod is totally worth it!

GLHSKEN
03-18-2007, 10:32 AM
So far the crank (90 2.2L cast), rods and pistons are all purchased. About ready to pick a block to take to the machine shop... Fuel system, alchy system still need to be purchased.

It's starting to come together.

turbovanmanČ
03-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Mine too, :thumb:

I cheated and got Eagle EDZ SRT rods, they were so cheap, I couldn't refuse, :amen:

Hopefully Chris can let me know when the pistons will be done. :D

8valves
03-18-2007, 10:33 PM
I cheated and got Eagle EDZ SRT rods, they were so cheap, I couldn't refuse, :amen:

Tisk tisk...

turbovanmanČ
03-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Tisk tisk...

Yeah, sue me, :thumb:

Austrian Dodge
03-19-2007, 06:23 AM
You'll like them!!

They do a great job in my engine ;)

@simon: buuuuh, eagles, tssss LOL :D

John B
03-19-2007, 07:42 AM

But now your wrist pin holes are too small...

Frank
03-19-2007, 07:50 AM

How about we ban you? H-Beams or stick with stock. ;)

2.216VTurbo
03-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I hope that wasn't MY set you got, I missed last months SoCal TD meeting and Chris had a set of rods there... Everone who had them in their hands at the meeting said they were very nice pieces:eyebrows: Good machining, good hardware and as already mentioned 90G lighter than stock:thumb:

BIGBRUDDA
03-19-2007, 12:06 PM
GEE KEN that sounds like alotta "unbreakable" stuff:D :eyebrows:

Austrian Dodge
03-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Alan, I'm sure that they were "yours" LOL :p

turbovanmanČ
03-19-2007, 12:27 PM
But now your wrist pin holes are too small...

Hahahaha, no there not!!!! I'll let you figure out why, :p

How about we ban you? H-Beams or stick with stock. ;)

They are H-beam, :eyebrows:

Spending a bit of money with Chris, this should be a fun motor-cometic, Wiseco's, cryo and coat my cams, blah blah blah. :p

GLHSKEN
03-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Alan, I'm sure that they were "yours" LOL :p

Chris Assured me they were!! ;)

Yep Brudda... figured I should.

8valves
03-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Chris wouldn't have Eagle rods with him... he would have his billet rods. :)

2.216VTurbo
03-19-2007, 05:55 PM
If I call and get one of those 'we sold the last set' deals, there is gonna be some serious love lost between TU and myself...:mecry:

Chris, there are MORE sets right???

Chris W
03-20-2007, 03:11 AM
If I call and get one of those 'we sold the last set' deals, there is gonna be some serious love lost between TU and myself...:mecry:

Chris, there are MORE sets right???

Of the three sets I recently received two have sold in the last week. Alan, since you haven't actually PLACED AN ORDER yet that third set is still up for grabs:p . I suggest placing your order soon because once we reveal who our mystery "Brand-X" manufacturer is we expect to sell out of our existing stock fairly quickly.:eyebrows:

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
03-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Chris's rods would have been nice but I recently found money doesn't grow on trees, :mecry:

Austrian Dodge
03-20-2007, 01:46 PM
really? you should come over to my place, i have a tree in front of my window LOL

2.216VTurbo
03-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Of the three sets I recently received two have sold in the last week. Alan, since you haven't actually PLACED AN ORDER yet that third set is still up for grabs:p . I suggest placing your order soon because once we reveal who our mystery "Brand-X" manufacturer is we expect to sell out of our existing stock fairly quickly.:eyebrows:

Chris-TU

I thought I HAD placed an order directly with the owner, I have the $$ I told you I wanted a set, you said you would bring them out. Seems pretty strait forward to me. Don't lump me in with the 'gee, I really want something, if only I had the money' crowd. Thought knowing eachother 15+ years counted for something:p

butchsuppe
03-20-2007, 11:01 PM
really? you should come over to my place, i have a tree in front of my window LOL

Really, give me your address I,ll be right over:lol:

turbovanmanČ
03-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Damn Europeans, :(

Chris W
03-21-2007, 02:01 AM
I thought I HAD placed an order directly with the owner, I have the $$ I told you I wanted a set, you said you would bring them out. Seems pretty strait forward to me. Don't lump me in with the 'gee, I really want something, if only I had the money' crowd. Thought knowing eachother 15+ years counted for something:p

Gee, has it been 15 years already?? :D No worries Alan. I was just messing with you. :evil: You know I wouldn't have sold them without asking you first. Please place an order on the TU website so I can keep our records straight. You will have them for the weekend. :thumb:

THANKS!

Chris-TU

2.216VTurbo
03-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Gee, has it been 15 years already?? :D No worries Alan. I was just messing with you. :evil: You know I wouldn't have sold them without asking you first. Please place an order on the TU website so I can keep our records straight. You will have them for the weekend. :thumb:

THANKS!

Chris-TU

Alright, I guess nothing happens without a computer these days, who'd of thunk cash isn't king anymore?

Yeah, Chris, it's been that long, heck Jamie C. is like 31-32 years old now, back then she was, well nevermind:lol:

8valves
03-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah, Chris, it's been that long, heck Jamie C. is like 31-32 years old now, back then she was, well nevermind:lol:

My age? :eyebrows:

2.216VTurbo
03-21-2007, 05:23 PM
My age? :eyebrows:

Everyone here knows that TD's are just a stepping stone for you Aaron, you'll get that hi-fallutin degree and a high power job and move on to building Euro flat or strait sixes or something:wave1:

Chris W
03-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Alright, I guess nothing happens without a computer these days, who'd of thunk cash isn't king anymore?

Cash is still KING.:D We just prefer that you also place an order on our site so that we have a record of exactly what you need. If you intend to pay cash just select Check/Money Order as form of payment. This way we will both be clear on what you are expecting and no items will be left out. :thumb:

Chris-TU

8valves
03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Everyone here knows that TD's are just a stepping stone for you Aaron, you'll get that hi-fallutin degree and a high power job and move on to building Euro flat or strait sixes or something:wave1:

Well I appreciate that, and I love the sound of a flat motor, but nothing beats a highly potent V8... except for maybe a particular Dodge V10 breathing under positive intake manifold pressure.

turbovanmanČ
03-21-2007, 07:08 PM
I love the sound of turbo 4 bangers and Rotary's but V8's do sound nice, :nod: although nothing beats the sound of a motorbike engine at 15,000 rpm or Indy cars, :thumb: