PDA

View Full Version : Different Throttle Bodies

Mario
01-23-2006, 04:16 PM
For those of you running a custom intake with a larger throttle body from a different manufacturer. How are you controlling the TPS and AIS?

8valves
01-23-2006, 06:30 PM
You should be able to use whatever AIS and TPS is used on teh TB you're trying to use. Simply get the wiring schematic for which wires control which and you should use your stock wiring as well. They're usually all 5V referenced sensors so they all work the same, just different wiring configurations.

At least this is my unproven theory, it should work that way though.

Aaron Miller

Mario
01-23-2006, 06:33 PM
You should be able to use whatever AIS and TPS is used on teh TB you're trying to use. Simply get the wiring schematic for which wires control which and you should use your stock wiring as well. They're usually all 5V referenced sensors so they all work the same, just different wiring configurations.

At least this is my unproven theory, it should work that way though.

Aaron Miller

That's what I figured. Hey Aaron, you need a 3" Cadillac Throttle Body? I have a few sitting here :D. I even have a drive by wire one.

86Shelby
01-23-2006, 11:38 PM
The TPS could be made to work. The AIS might require some re thinking depending on the brand, etc. Not all 4 wire AIS are made equally.

BadAssPerformance
01-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Who needs an AIS as long as you have an adjustable throttle stop?

Tony Hanna
01-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Who needs an AIS as long as you have an adjustable throttle stop?

I never did like how high I had to set the idle to compensate for ac and electrical loads without the ais. I don't guess you have to run it, but it's nice to have if it's not a total pita to make it work.

Keito
01-24-2006, 07:27 AM
I made a mounting plate for a Mustang T Body last week.
I was waiting to order the aluminum elbow and cut up a 1 piece
until I figured this out.
I have an old 60mm from my 92 GT lying around.
The AIS is only 2 wires.
And it does have an adjustable throttle stop.

Keito
01-24-2006, 07:28 AM
I made a mounting plate for a Mustang T Body last week.
I was waiting to order the aluminum elbow and cut up a 1 piece
until I figured this out.
I have an old 60mm from my 92 GT lying around.
The AIS is only 2 wires.
And it does have an adjustable throttle stop.
I'll post a pic when I get home tonight.

dodge80_89
01-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Why not just use a TB from another Mopar. I'm planning on using one from a 2001-present 4.7 being that it is the larger TB at 64mm I believe. Supposedly the TPS and AIS will work just need the correct pigtail and wire it in. I guess I'll find out when my engine is together.