PDA

View Full Version : deep exhaust and semi loud

Mr overkill
03-16-2007, 06:40 PM
i have a t3/4 .63 3" sw and 3" exhaust how do the walkers sound and the manga flows ?

i want something that has a nice sound and also really open up when you punch it

right now i have a ricer muffler on it so when i put the exhaust in i wanna throw out that crap

Jackrabbit
03-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Not as big as yours, but I'm running the 2.5" SV and turbo back exhaust with hi-flow cat and no muffler.
It's pretty rumbly, especially at WOT. :)

iangoround
03-16-2007, 08:23 PM
My magnaflow sounds great. deep throaty rumble at idle and it roars at WOT. It isn't TOO loud (i feel) at idle and cruise, but I've been stopped for loud exhaust with this system on before.

Mr overkill
03-17-2007, 12:33 AM
cool iangor then thats the perfect answer

turbovanmanČ
03-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Magnaflow can resonate alot, get the larger case and it will be fine. Mine sounds wicked under xruise but when I nail the go pedal-:wow1:

BadAssPerformance
03-17-2007, 09:08 AM
For a good deep sound that is not oo loud, I prefer the Dynomax Race Magnum Oval mufflers 3" for awesome flow, 2.5" for quieter.

I cannot recall hearing a turbo mopar with a Magnadlow 3" oval muffler but they are made very similar so I would expect the sound to be similar too.

Anonymous_User
03-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Here's one for ya. I've wanted to try one of these, I can get something similar locally. But really, the only thing it does is cover your @#$ if you just NEED a muffler. It's a wee 6" long

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/3568,46_Shorty-Muffler.html

johnl
03-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Dynomax 3" round here. It resonates/booms too much on my GLHT. Full mandrel 3" through to rear bumper. Taking the test pipe out and sticking the cat in helped my ears a lot. Extending the turn down so its tip is just equal to the outer edge of the Omni's bumper helped too. Still resonates with those big hollow spaces under the rear of the Omni.

The ID of the 3" Dynomax round is actually greater than 3" (3 1/8th?) as the core is a hunk of pipe that is perforated in the center with ends that slip over the OD of the 3" exhaust pipe.

I'll be trying something else. Maybe go down to 2.5" since the exhaust gasses at the end of the system are a lot cooler. Heck, reducing section diameters at the rear might even help keep the velocities up to reduce back pressure.

Evilancer
03-21-2007, 12:31 PM
On my Lancer, the exhaust consists of .63 turbine housing, 3" swing valve, 3" dp, no cat into a 3" Dynomax race bullet, mandrel 3" 90 degree elbow right out the side.

It's nice and deep at idle or cruise, definetly gets louder at WOT when the wastegate opens tho, but still sounds good!

Jon

Dave
03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Here's one for ya. I've wanted to try one of these, I can get something similar locally. But really, the only thing it does is cover your @#$ if you just NEED a muffler. It's a wee 6" long

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/3568,46_Shorty-Muffler.html

Sounds like a new muffler for me. ;) I miss the sound of that open exhaust and the turbo spinning in the wind.

mcsvt
03-22-2007, 03:43 PM
I have 3" all the way. 3" cat and 3" glasspack. Has a nice rumble and no odd sounds in the cabin.

glhtroy
03-23-2007, 12:49 AM
i have a 2.5 SV with 2.5 turbo back nothin else in my glht sounds deep and throw-t(spellin:D ) too loud for my taste the fuzz don't mind but a high floww cat and cglass pack will be goin on for emissions (glass pack will come off after the test) oh yea 2.2, stock turbo, block .020 over