PDA

View Full Version : Charger front engine mount

Wes85L
03-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I need one because mine got all bent up when the stock dogbone mount went out. It even dented the oil pan a little. I was going to just take a ride to the j-yard but I'm not sure if non-turbo cars of that year (85-86) had the same front mount. If they do I may just go there and save some money but if I that won't work I'm going to need one on here. As long as the bushing is good and the mount is not all bent up like mine. Please let me know. Thanks

Capt'n Dave
03-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Wess,i think i priced one at advance or autozone for like $8.00 New,you might want to check them out:)

Turbodave
03-14-2007, 01:31 PM
The bushing is a little softer in the non-turbo cars, but the mount bracket itself should be the same in any L-body (Charger/Omni).

All other body styes use a bigger mount bracket that will not fit in an L-body.

If you can't find one at the junkyard I've got a few, but they are still on parts cars so it would take me some time to get one pulled for you. Most likely on any of the used ones I've got the rubber insert would need to be replaced. I've bought the inserts from rockauto.com before for less than $5, but you get what you pay for, the poly ones offered by some of the vendors here are much nicer and will last forever.

Wes85L
03-14-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm working a half day tomorrow so I'm going to the yard after. I know there are some omni's but they are n/a. One omni in particular is sitting on top of a van so I'm not going to risk life and limb to get it.

Thanks for the info guys. ;)

Wes85L
03-17-2007, 02:06 AM
I went to the yard yesterday and got a mount from an n/a omni. Here is a pic of the mount it's replacing:

turbovanmanČ
03-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Yep, common. I usually find its due to improper tightening proceedure. Put all the bolts in just snug, then tighten the block bolts, now tighten the bellhousing bolts, reloosen the block bolts and then tighten back up. This puts the stress equally on it so it won't crack.

deuce dodge
03-29-2007, 06:18 PM
dog you have gotta be kidding me.......you can't possibly be right.....

NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY

we twist these things like pretzels.......

no flippin way can this be true ..........

and i told ya ..........you and ken need to move next door to me so ya can fix all my messes. :)

any other bracket gems.........?

if this works...whoa......sweet............NO WAY....NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY

deuce

GLHSKEN
03-29-2007, 06:50 PM
LOL... I thought he meant bracket... Those things are gold...