PDA

View Full Version : Three days later and two hangovers...

David Bohrer
03-11-2007, 10:46 PM
After several drinks during the install the new TC is in and is working better than advertised. Stall speed on motor alone ( IC pipe off) is 3700 rpm. By the reaction of the turbo during this extensive power braking episode, I noted that the turbo started its up-cycle after @1.5 seconds and I got out of it before the neighbors got concerned about the high pitched screaming from the driveway.

Only three snafu's during the process though.
1) The TPS fell off, literally. It was being held on by the atx case and both screws were GONE. Well one was found on the floor...

2)The car would shut off randomly after install was complete. Relays were clicking and the injectors were pulsing eratically after the erroneous turn off. It has not done it since I wiggled the harness and pissed on the tires.

3) I consumed 23 rum and cokes with two shots each of the CAptaIn! Every time I poop it is like mudd. My butt hates me right now.

I did test drive the car with a passanger and first spins once boost is online, once second is engaged the drag radials break loose and a momentary flash of rpm is noticed ( @ 1 sec) and the speedo flashes up 20 mph and stay there until the car catches up. Third was not shifted to due to lack of room. Overall, the TC is excellent and should hold up well. Time to finish the meth system and turn the boost back up to an acceptable level. 12spi sucks.

I forgot to mention the addition of the 34,000 lb atx cooler. The trans will be hard to overheat now! I can now tow 48,000 lbs with no affect on tranny temp! YEA"H!

Speedeuphoria
03-12-2007, 01:45 PM
what kind of converter?(where from?)

Is it a lock up?

turbovanmanČ
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Sounds like alot of fun, whens the track outing?

David Bohrer
03-13-2007, 11:12 AM
The TC is from Pat's converters. It is actually Steve Lockett's (RacerSteve) old unit that was cut apart for inspection and rewelded. It is a lockup unit that will hold the power but, I have RMVB which does not have lockup. Steve is trying to get me to send him a VB so that I can utilize lockup and stop rowing/clicking gears. Another benefit is that the shifting is not as harsh and will extend trans life.

As for track outing. How about tomorrow night?:eyebrows: The meth is not done but, time to get a new baseline!

ohiorob
03-13-2007, 07:04 PM
SWEET I love rum and coke :thumb:

4cefedomni
03-15-2007, 11:27 PM
captain and coke my favorite drink, until the next day when you wake up shaking from all the sugar and the rum a$$ hits you. that stuff is worse than mexican food.

ohiorob
03-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Dave did you get a chance to get it to the track and did you send the vb yet? how about some pics. of the car and motor.

Russ Jerome
03-16-2007, 09:15 PM
SWEET I love rum and coke :thumb:

Someone say Rum "n" Coke? :nod:

ohiorob
03-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Someone say Rum "n" Coke? :nod:

the stuff will make you do crazy burnouts in motel parking lots.:eyebrows: