PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem with my Willem Programmer

Anonymous_User
03-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I have the enhanced programmer. I am using an AT28C256 chip. I have used this same chip and programmer several times in the past. Today, I go to erase the chip and load a new program, but when I push the erase button, it says "Cannot erase this device"

Any ideas?

cordes
03-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Do you have all the switches in the right position? Is the chip facing the right way?

Anonymous_User
03-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Yes, switches are in right positon. I hven't used the programmer for anything else since this chip, so I didn't move any switches. I double checked them just to be safe. I put in an old EPROM and reset the switches for it. I was able to read the EPROM. I used my UV to erase the EPROM and I was able to write to the EPROM.

I put the EEPROM back in the programmer, reset the switches. I can read it, but not erase it.

Yes, the chip is facing the right way. (I can read the chip).

cordes
03-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Do you have another chip of the same type you can try?

Anonymous_User
03-11-2007, 12:31 PM
No, I do not. I have probably erased this chip a dozen times. Is it possible that was enough to wear it out?

I'm currently using an old EPROM and it is working fine for now, but the UV erasing takes too long. :)

cordes
03-12-2007, 07:40 PM
No, I do not. I have probably erased this chip a dozen times. Is it possible that was enough to wear it out?

I'm currently using an old EPROM and it is working fine for now, but the UV erasing takes too long. :)

I have not read of them wearing out, but could have been damaged somehow since you haven't used it in so long?

Anonymous_User
03-13-2007, 08:35 AM
I haven't used the chip IN THE PROGRAMMER for a long time. It has been in my LM running my car.

cordes
03-13-2007, 10:42 PM
I haven't used the chip IN THE PROGRAMMER for a long time. It has been in my LM running my car.

Oh, I see. I am fresh out of ideas then. Let us know if you figure something out.