PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Daytona Cluster problems

boostboy
03-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Well Im working on my g/f daytona while she is out of town. The problem is that her gas gauge, volt gauge, and temp gauge dont work in here car. If I pull the fuse for the gauges they start to work, but then the tach and speedo dont work. What could be the problem here? Id like to have it fixed for when she returns home.

Whorse
03-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Can you bring it by Simon's tomorrow when I'm there?

DC Turismo
03-18-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm having a simliar problem right now Graeme. My temp. gauge completely does not work, my volt gauge does somewhat, and my fuel gauge does work. In the meantime, though, my speedometer/tripometer/odometer do not work (I think these are linked to a speed sensor issue though).

Let me know what you find out. I am theorizing that the silver solenoid looking things behind the gauges may be bad???? I changed the fuse in mine even though it was not blown and they still do not work. :(

sdac guy
03-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Billy,
Does your cruise control work? If not it is probably speed sensor related (the speedo problem). If cruise works, then the gear in the speedo is probably stripped (common problem). Plus if it is a speed sensor problem, then there should be a fault code set. Have you checked the codes?

Barry

DC Turismo
03-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Barry

Actually got the problem fixed today. Jacked up the car and creeped under there to find that the tab on the plug had broken. Must've happened when I was pulling my motor. So, I got it plugged back in and cruise, speedo, tach, odo all work!

Now, the only other question that remains is why doesn't the temp. sensor work at all and volt gauge only some of the time, yet the fuel gauge works perfectly. Did you find anything yet Graeme?

boostboy
03-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I took the whole cluster out, checked all the connections, and when I put it back in eveything worked fine. Probably was just a loose connection.

DC Turismo
03-19-2007, 05:20 PM
What connections did you check, on the gauge cluster itself or wiring to the cluster?

Also, did you by chance take out the gauges and see the silver things on the back of them?