PDA

View Full Version : FWDP Stage 2 camshaft

dvera
03-08-2007, 11:55 AM
I got from FWDP the S2 camshaft with the adjustable sprocket.
Here is the specs:

Name: FWD Performance F-2 Camshaft
Description:
Regrind roller cam with better profile than stock. Ideal for stock or modified cars especially with a manual transmission.
Numbers as follows:
260/260 duration at .006 tappett lift on the intake/exhaust
467/467 gross valve lift on the intake/exhaust
centerline 114

Ok everything is ready to be put on the head. The big question is if I align it as the original camshaft or I do need to adjust the sprocket some degrees up or down.

I have a 2.5l Turbo II, 26 pounds boost, 12 degrees base advance, custom ECU 3 bar, t3/t4 garret turbo, ported head... and some other fancy things ;)

:D

Rattlesnake
03-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Torque and hp curve was the best at '0' in my combination, anything below or above affected the broad range of both curves. This test was on a dyno.

Reinaldo Moloon

turbovanmanČ
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Every car acts different, my van loved the cams being advanced. I would set it at 0 and drive it, then advance and retard it. Testing at a drag strip or dyno would be a major plus and help the very known accurate testing of the butt dyno, :p

4 l-bodies
03-08-2007, 05:42 PM
My recently bought Fidanza round tooth sprocket was 4-5 crankshaft degrees retarded vs. my #557 sprocket when I degreed my camshaft in. Not saying yours is but just giving you some feedback on results that I found when I degreed my camshaft in. that would be 2.5 marks on camshaft pulley.
If you look in this induction section on the second or third page you will see my post.
Todd

John B
03-10-2007, 04:17 PM
If you have a round tooth gear, try it straight up and then 4 degrees retarded and see which is best. If square tooth, straight up and then 4 degrees advanced for comparison. Fine tune from there!