PDA

View Full Version : think i need a kick in the head after readinf this (low oil pressure when hot)

Mr overkill
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
ok i might have just found what was baffling me last motor i built

how important is the oil restricter that goes in the block before you put on the head ??? cause i know i DID NOT install this dam thing back in so i do not want to make the same mistake again almost 3,000 in perf parts alone

turbovanmanČ
03-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Some say it matters, some say it doesn't. Its job is to reduce the oil pressure to the head so you don't over oil the topend and maybe loose pressure but if you have a fresh engine, you should be ok.

86Shelby
03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Eh, put one in. They are only a few bucks at the dealer. You'll avoid that 'what if I had...' thought if something with oil presure isn't quite right after the build.

Mr overkill
03-06-2007, 08:49 PM
well im gonna put together my new motor in the next few weeks so im trying to cover all my bases

2nd base is oil pump shaft new or am i ok lolol

turbovanmanČ
03-06-2007, 09:40 PM
well im gonna put together my new motor in the next few weeks so im trying to cover all my bases

2nd base is oil pump shaft new or am i ok lolol

Oh, I thought it was together. If not, then for sure put one in, :thumb:

mo' parts
03-08-2007, 09:50 AM
i would install the restrictor just so you know the bottom end is getting plenty of lube to the most important parts.

you should be o.k. re-using the oil pump/dist. shaft as long as the teeth on the gears look to be o.k..

Mr overkill
03-11-2007, 11:30 PM
yup new bearings and shaft looks good just trying to decide on a melling or just get the mopar