PDA

View Full Version : knock retard below 3k

Sethyboy85
03-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Why the heck do I have knock retard below 2.8~3krpm? I can't find known"good" stock injectors to try the stock chip but with 2 different chips and 2 different set of +40 injectors I get up to 14degrees of knock retard with .62~74v on the knock sensor and might I add I am getting those 14 degrees on ALL 4 cylinders at the same time!?

I am going to try resetting the computer since the adaptive fuel wasn't quite where it should be at but I put the chip in the other day with the motor warm and that might explain why that but still I have had this problem ever since I hooked up my OTC which was after I got an altered chip which the one I have isn't much more than a T2 (think I am correct) to run on +40's and a 3bar....

I am looking for ideas on why I would have Knock below 3k in boost or out but most of my driving that low is out of boost.

frustrating cause my diesel pump started leaking and that means I am going to have to swap pumps (need to get one rebuilt) and I will HAVE to drive this car.

iTurbo
03-05-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't have an answer for you BUT, my Spirit R/T does the same thing! I get KR particularly at low RPM above 7psi, but ALWAYS equal amounts on all four cylinders. The only thing that I have found that makes it go away completely is running 100 octane low-lead aviation gas. I'm using an OTC 4000E with '93 Pathfinder II cartridge BTW.

Anybody else have any ideas??

Sethyboy85
03-05-2007, 10:54 PM
I am going to throw some xylene in the tank after I reset the comp and recheck base timing once they are done... then come higher octane fuels.

It really doesn't make sense my 2.2l 8v with a 7:6.1 or whatever compression cause of the G head shouldn't be knocking below 3k. I am going to have to find those stock injectors and swap em but I think it did the same thing before.
It going to be a cold day in the garage after work tomorrow.