PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Mopars @ Woodley Park

johnl
03-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Check out the flyer. Took me a moment to find the TDs.

May 5th & 6th

Anybody going?

ShelbyMotorsports
03-05-2007, 03:10 PM

May 5th & 6th

Anybody going?

My first response was going to be "who in the world would hold a Mopar show right after Spring Fling?"

Forgot that Spring Fling was moved from it's normal April dates because of Mopars At The Strip.

Speaking of MATS......... The guy that runs the Car Show had his daughter murdered and his wife shot a few weeks ago at that mall in Utah. Thankfully the UT authorities took care of the problem.

Steve

http://www.moparsatthestrip.com/2007/first_page.shtml

87glhs232
03-05-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm gonna pensil in Woodley Park. Think I may enter my S in the modified FWD class. If I don't show, I'll go just to shmooze.

butchsuppe
03-06-2007, 12:03 AM
I was at the very 1st spring fling and only missed a couple since than, bought a car there once.

johnl
03-06-2007, 12:21 AM
There's a drive-in meet on Saturday night and some kind of road course stuff at Willow Springs on Thursday the 3rd.

johnl
04-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Deadline to save $50 is April 12.

If you want to do the track day at Willow Springs on Thursday May 3, then get your $245 in by the 12th. Second driver is $75.

Go to www.alltimeracing.com

Field for track day includes a lot of Mopar V8s. Talked to Tim Herron, a Mopar V8 roadracer and the promoter of the event, who says that Mopar Action says they will be there to do a story on the event.

2.216VTurbo
04-10-2007, 12:30 AM

May 5th & 6th

Anybody going?

Unfortunately, Spring Fling is going up against the TC Nats this year. I kinda committed to drive to Monterey to hang out with the blue hair set;)

ShelbyMotorsports
04-10-2007, 11:22 AM
If you want to do the track day at Willow Springs on Thursday May 3, then get your $245 in by the 12th. Second driver is $75.

Go to www.alltimeracing.com

Field for track day includes a lot of Mopar V8s. Talked to Tim Herron, a Mopar V8 roadracer and the promoter of the event, who says that Mopar Action says they will be there to do a story on the event.

John

Are you planning on taking th GLHS to Willow Springs?

I noticed previously that the Spring Fling website says all Mopars are allowed to run but when you go to alltimes website they say only older Mopars and curent in production Mopars like the SRT are allowed on the track.

You may want to verify which website is correct before driving up there.

Steve

johnl
04-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Steve -

I saw that too.

Called the event organizer, Tim Herren, and asked if an L body body side winder was welcome. He said absolutely and was excited to hear that I intend to bring "Louise," my original owner Santa Fe Springs Blue GLHT. He has an interesting and diverse field of Mopars planned.

She's got her double F wheels (FieroFalkens) but needs a piston or two and a new T3/T4 (Thanks Chris:thumb:) is waiting on the shelf. Flogging this weekend. Love that Cometic. Got a cal too (Thanks Cindy :thumb:). Maybe the cal and 3 bar (finally) will help my "R & R" Mahles. I love a tight fit.;)

So, after I weed wack/cut grass/blow & go, I'll get to work. Then I'll have some Boost/AF/EGT fuel pressure and ignition sorting to do too.

For insurance, I'll be counting on Willow's C10 track gas.

If Louise doesn't come together, then it'll be Beula, #463.
Beula is such a lady - compared to Louise.
Quiet, soft, and fast vs louder, harder, and faster.:D

Shannon said he'll try to bring his Shelby Lancer to Willow Springs too.