PDA

View Full Version : Trans issues

Mike_Shepard
01-22-2006, 04:24 AM
Im not sure exactly why it is acting like this but, I have a 5 speed trans(555) with a TU Dual Performance PLUS Series- Ceramic/Organic Clutch and while driving it in any gear and apply and sufficiant amount of gas the clutch slips like a MoFo and sometimes you can smell the clutch badly. I was thinking that maybe it was this cold weather and that it may need alittle time to warm up or something but even after long distances it still does this.

it was bought Feb 22 2005 and put in probly a short time after that I'd say it has less than 5000 miles on it.

Does anyone else have this clutch and have problems with them too or is it just mine. And what are your opinions about getting something alittle stronger like the new Ultimate Performance Kevlar Street Clutch

SwiftTech
01-23-2006, 04:53 PM
how did you break it in? usually clutches want a few thousand miles before you start to beat on them.

cordes
01-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Do you have the PCV tube hooked up to the air box/intake pipe, or just open to the air?

If it is just open, you could be getting oil in the timing window and onto the PP or flywheel.

Mike_Shepard
01-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Do you have the PCV tube hooked up to the air box/intake pipe, or just open to the air?

If it is just open, you could be getting oil in the timing window and onto the PP or flywheel.

Im going to go out in a few and take a look at how its ran, That is the second time I've had this question askd