PDA

View Full Version : Help - Need T3 Crank Sensors

91SpiritRTPR
03-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Hello all -

I own 2 Red 91 Spirit R/T's and need crank sensors. Is there an alternative out there being used since originals are hard to find anymore? I have part numbers to the originals but was wondering if there was something that crosses over that can be used now - Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Kevin

91 Spirit R/T Red Public Relations Vehicle w/ Manual Windows
91 Spirit R/T Red w/ Power Windows

Charger R/T
03-04-2007, 10:25 AM
last I heard the crank sensors were still available from the dealer. Its the cam sensor that is NS1.
Tim

ART
03-04-2007, 11:28 AM
The Original "Turbo Dodge" Cars TIII - The 16Valve Engine
sticky: Alternate parts thread-OEM to aftermarket-post findings!

Crankshaft Position Sensor:
Borg Warner CSS72
Niehoff AL2024

91SpiritRTPR
03-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Can anybody get them for less than $191.00 from NAPA? That was the lowest price and the highest was about $210.00 + shipping through Motion Auto Parts! Our local Chrysler dealer said Friday that they can not get them.

Are we doomed here??

The prices keep going up and up and up. Someone is pocketing a chunk of change when an R/T owner must spend that kind of money - I can see honestly like $50.00 or $75.00 but more than that for one is nuts!

Thanks for the reply's!

Kevin

2 x 91 Red Spirit R/T's in Spokane Washington

Scottmon
03-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Part number 4557711

Go here and plug in the part number in the search function.

http://www.dodgeparts.cc/

$146.05 with free shipping genuine Mopar part.

86Shelby
03-05-2007, 06:24 PM
You are my hero Scott!

iTurbo
03-21-2007, 02:52 PM
I just got my new TIII crank position sensor from www.dodgeparts.cc yesterday. It took a while to get but it was only about $145 shipped and came sealed in a Mopar package and appears to be the correct part. Great deal considering what the dealership in town wanted (~$185). Thanks for the link Scott.

turbovanmanČ
03-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Can anybody get them for less than $191.00 from NAPA? That was the lowest price and the highest was about $210.00 + shipping through Motion Auto Parts! Our local Chrysler dealer said Friday that they can not get them.

Are we doomed here??

The prices keep going up and up and up. Someone is pocketing a chunk of change when an R/T owner must spend that kind of money - I can see honestly like $50.00 or $75.00 but more than that for one is nuts!

Thanks for the reply's!

Kevin

2 x 91 Red Spirit R/T's in Spokane Washington

Its called supply and demand. Add up the amount that were made and you have your answer why parts are so expensive. Honestly, if your complaining about that part, you own the wrong car or cars in your case.

Wait until your cams go flat, the head cracks etc, you thought the crank sensor was expensive, :o

2.216VTurbo
03-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Its called supply and demand. Add up the amount that were made and you have your answer why parts are so expensive. Honestly, if your complaining about that part, you own the wrong car or cars in your case.

Wait until your cams go flat, the head cracks etc, you thought the crank sensor was expensive, :o

Uh, way to pump up the new guy Simon:p

turbovanmanČ
03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Uh, way to pump up the new guy Simon:p

Hahahaa, sorry, just trying to warn him, if he didn't know, that TIII's can be very costly. Then he can sell them to me for pennies on the dollar, :nod:

jay
03-23-2007, 12:55 PM

thats exactly why i went to simple 8v