PDA

View Full Version : Daytona with Push button suspension?

86GLHS
03-03-2007, 08:19 AM
I was lookin through my owners manual for my daytona, and I seen the page about the push button adjustable suspension. Does anyone here have one? Has anyone ever seen one? And if no one has what would a Daytona with this option be worth? And does anyone know what years would have this option? I think i am going to try to find one.

DC Turismo
03-05-2007, 02:10 AM
I believe those were going to be optioned for the 1990 - 1991 VNT models, but I don't think they ever followed through with it. It would have been for some sort of electronic adjustable suspension settings. I have the same brochure and sure do wish they'd have followed through with it!

This above is just my speculation, and I can not say for certain if my comments are completely or even partially true or false.

Tony Fields
03-05-2007, 12:21 PM
I believe it was to be standard equiptment on the LeBaron GTC VNT and the
Daytona Shelby VNT in 1990. I have the Dec. 1989 Motor Trend that has a
test on the LeBaron. The test car had the adjustable susp. Also the 1990
shop manuals have the data for this feature.

Also the new car sales brochure shows the same feature. Looks like Chrysler
decided not to offer it at the last minute. It's probably a good thing. I can't imagine trying to find parts for these with such low production figures.

I wanted to have a spare engine computer for my LeBaron VNT but haven't been able to find one in the local yards.

martin kolner
03-05-2007, 07:13 PM
the 90 part book shows it for the full size cars only Imperial,NY,etc. In 88 it was used on the K body cars but never on the Daytonas.

DC Turismo
03-05-2007, 07:36 PM
the 90 part book shows it for the full size cars only Imperial,NY,etc. In 88 it was used on the K body cars but never on the Daytonas.

I think it was first seen in 1990, not 1988? And I don't think it would've been on Imperials and NY's in 90? They were family sedan models if not also luxurious compared to Daytonas and Spirits, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. This would be the first tiem I ever heard that info.

Garret
03-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I remember a while back a guy found a prototype daytona in the junkyard with the buttons intact but the struts gone

ShelbyMotorsports
03-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I think it was first seen in 1990, not 1988? And I don't think it would've been on Imperials and NY's in 90? They were family sedan models if not also luxurious compared to Daytonas and Spirits, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. This would be the first tiem I ever heard that info.

Imperials/New Yorkers and the like used an air suspension.

The 1990 CSX/Daytona/LeBaron used an Electronic Adjustable Ride Control System by Monroe.

Two completely different animals with no parts being interchangeable between the two systems.

Steve

DC Turismo
03-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Nice. Thanks for clearing that up Steve!

TurboRon25
03-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I have video tape of a complete red VNT Daytona at the 01 Nats that had the suspension. I tried to get the vin in the shot too. It was on a trailer, supposedly from Canada. So there is at least one out there. Maybe it was the press car?

Ron

ShelbyMotorsports
03-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Nice. Thanks for clearing that up Steve!

Actually Monroe made that ----pit adjustable suspension for a few other cars but as far as I know ours was the only one available from the factory as a new car option.

It was also made for the Fox bodied Mustangs, the Camaro/Firebirds and the Corvettes.

Apparently it was a poor seller and disappeared around 1993-4 from Monroes catalog.

Steve